Toilet flush - plastic ball not rising

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanbeach1

Reaction score
Usually when you flush, the toilet will automatically refill the water in the tank and automatically stop when the blue plastic ball rises to the top. However, now the blue plastic ball won't rise to the top properly and so it keeps on refilling the water. It doesn't overflow, but it's very noisy and wastes water. For now, I'm using a piece of tape to hold up the ball up once the tank has refilled, but I have to undo the tape each time i flush so the tank can refill the water.

Please help - does anyone have any advise??? Thank you!!

The old arm and ball floats are a bad part of plumbing history. The arms bend, the balls crack or hang up on the side of the tank. Replace the unit with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (for under $10) and you will be done with the problem. The instructions included are very easy to read and understand.

I agree. Make sure you use the clip that comes with it to attach the refill tube to the overflow. If you stick it into the overflow like the original it can siphon water out of the tank.

crazy-bad-toilet-fill-valve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back