My toilet spits?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Is there any logical reason why my toilet spits on my ankles? When I flush the toilet it will spit out a drop or two of water and for some reason it always hits me no matter how much I jump around. I am getting pretty disgusted with this and want to fix it, is there anything I can do besides replace the toilet?

Either you need a new wax gasket assembly around the base of your toilet, or change your food choices. :D

Is there any logical reason why my toilet spits on my ankles? When I flush the toilet it will spit out a drop or two of water and for some reason it always hits me no matter how much I jump around. I am getting pretty disgusted with this and want to fix it, is there anything I can do besides replace the toilet?

That's pretty disgusting.

Either you need a new wax gasket assembly around the base of your toilet, or change your food choices. :D

What would tha wax ring have to do with this? It spits out of the bowl not from under the toilet.

That's pretty disgusting.

Tell me about it! I am the one getting spit on.:eek:

If you have to jump around alot, I'd also have a doctor check you for STD's! :D

Hmmm... an STD? Scrambling fromToilet Disorder?

I apologize for my assumption. :D I'd just spend a few bucks and purchase a new toilet. Is it old?

Use a mirror and check the holes under the rim that allow the water from the tank to the bowl. Sometimes mineral deposits can hang up there and cause a "lip" that catches water and redirects it to places other than the bottom of the bowl.

I apologize for my assumption. :D I'd just spend a few bucks and purchase a new toilet. Is it old?

The house was built in 97 so I assume it is the original.

Use a mirror and check the holes under the rim that allow the water from the tank to the bowl. Sometimes mineral deposits can hang up there and cause a "lip" that catches water and redirects it to places other than the bottom of the bowl.

Checked and they are clean, I think it is happening when I flush and the rush of water hits the standing water in the bowl and it causes a splash. Looks like I will finally go grab a new toilet.

Wow! You seem to be having all sorts of plumbing issues.
Good thing you have skills and don't have to hire a plumber.
Do you have a standard type of toilet with a flapper or is it one with a pressurized tank. The pressurized ones have a tendency to splash.
Buy American Made if you get a new one.
Kohler is what we usually put in.

Last edited:
I have an American standard and it burps or spits because the water level in bowl is pretty low so there's a bubble that blows and spits up when flushed. I changed flapper and it seems like the flapper needs to stay open alittle longer to let more water in bowl and it won't happen. When I add water to Noel or prevent flapper from closing right away it doesn't happen. Ideas?

Sounds like your fill valve is not working proper or the fill valve-to-flush valve refill tube is not in place. The toilet bowl is not getting the proper amount of water when the toilet is flushed and refilled. Reattach refill tube to flush valve or replace fill valve.

If this has been a problem since you have owned the toilet, you may need a replacement to solve the issue.
American Standard toilets have a long history of this problem, the Cadets specifically. Some plumbers have blamed it on the use of a wax ring with a horn, but that isn't true. It's in the design of the toilet bowl.
Let us know if it has been an original old problem or a new problem.

Latest posts

Back