water heater brand

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yny

Reaction score
If there is such of a thing, what is the best gas water brand to buy?

Bradford white, AO Smith, Rheem, GE, whirlpool, etc,etc

What is the the brand that last the longest.

Is there any real difference between 6, 9,12 year water heaters other than price.

I think the difference in years is only if you take care of them but if you are like most and do nothing with it then I would just buy the lowest and expect it only to last about as long as stated.

I think the difference in years is only if you take care of them but if you are like most and do nothing with it then I would just buy the lowest and expect it only to last about as long as stated.

I will take care of it as it will be for my own home.

I am going to do a preventative maintenance thing because of my water heater location. The builder installed it on my mail floor, so if it leaks it will go all over my hardwoods and that won't be good.

My current water heater is rated for 6 years, and it now 7 years old. This current unit is a AO smith and was installed back in 04 when they built this place, so I am not sure how much longer it has.

The pressure is good and the water in the tank is clean.

I may hire a plumber or see if one wants to do a barter with me and have them move it off of the main floor and put it in the garage where this belongs.

Make sure you spend a few extra dollars and include a water heater drip pan with a PVC connection to a drain or exterior location.

I think I found what I need..

Anyone on here want to come out and give me a price on this email me. I will only need labor, I will supply parts, water tank, removal of old tank, and disposal of old tank.

em SmartShield™ 48 Gallon Gas Tall Water Heater - Includes Side-Mounted Water Taps Designed For Aquatherm® Recirculating System s - Factory Installed Temperature And Pressure Relief Valve - Push-Button Piezo Ignition System For Easy Lighting - 65,000 Btu - 98 Gallon First Hour Delivery - 21-3/4" Diameter - 62-1/2" Vent Height - .58 Energy Factor - Meets American National Standards Institut e (ANSI) Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistance (FVIR) Standards - 6-Year Warranty On Tank And Parts - Mfg #42V50-65F

Meets American National Standards Institute (Ansi) Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistance (Fvir) Standards
6-Year Warranty
Make And Model
Manufacturer Part No 42V50-65F

Specifications
Country of Origin MEXICO
UPC 020352551333

Call 1-800-431-3000 for more details.

A product that is labeled ideallygreen either has earned a certification from a third-party, such as Energy Star, or has been identified by our suppliers to be an environmentally preferable alternative to a similar product.

Energy Efficiency
Hazardous Material Disposal
Indoor Environmental Quality
Waste Reduction
Water Conservation

Last edited:
Replace it yourself. They are easy and we have all the needed experts to make sure it is put in correctly. I would recommend having an extra set of hands. Do you think your wife would join you? If so, please take lots of pictures....did I just say that? ;)

Bradford white is #1 and Whirlpool is the worst. All waterheaters are created equally but the price of there replacement parts, and warranty are not

Tankless heaters are becoming more and more popular thanks to their long term saving effect on electricity and water. There are many brands in the water heater market but the following tankless water heater comparison focuses only on four major brands that have provided top quality models according to the industry magazines and consumer reviews.

Latest posts

Back