What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hav, I feel I need to apologize to you... After rethinking my last post, it appears I gave you HORRIBLE advice.... I do still hope it doesn't take long to replace that firearm.... but PLEASE, do yourself a huge favor and completely ignore the part about replacing the ex! ;)

No apologies necessary. The gun I've been asked to give her is a Walther PPKS .380. A really great pocket back up, but a little small for a gun fight. Since it's also registered to me, I'm going to give it to a local gun shop and paying for it to be registered in her name. Yeah, a California thing, I know, but I don't want any of my guns to go into the wrong hands.

We went and picked up some tile for the backsplash wall in the kitchen, and somehow, a new router found it's way into my shopping cart. Weird, very weird.

Oh well, it had a couple of bits with it that will be perfect for trimming the laminate on the cabinets I have to put a skin on today.

But I still don't understand how that router got from the tool section over to the tile section and jumped into my cart while I wasn't looking.

We went and picked up some tile for the backsplash wall in the kitchen, and somehow, a new router found it's way into my shopping cart. Weird, very weird.

Oh well, it had a couple of bits with it that will be perfect for trimming the laminate on the cabinets I have to put a skin on today.

But I still don't understand how that router got from the tool section over to the tile section and jumped into my cart while I wasn't looking.

Finally! Someone else I can use for an example to PROVE to my wife that this does in fact happen!!!!!

You guys are cracking me up this morning.
Welcome, countryboy!

I mentioned in another thread that my Craftsman garbage disposal finally died (or so it seems) after 20+ years. There is a very flimsy wire coming out of it that I think used to be attached to the switch in the wall for turning it on so it may be a wiring issue-- but the insides are all gummed up, it stinks, and it does not drain very well at all. I'm debating whether to just go without a disposal or to replace it with something else. Someone recommended a Badger 3/4 hp.

I was thinking of this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G86NUW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

even though it requires the fluid to be replaced/refilled. the refill things cost about $15.

(I'm also thinking of looking in to the ingredients and seeing if there is a way for me to create a solution for less $ and get it in to the container)

What do you guys think?

It's getting close to my sister's arrival date for the holidays and we still have a lot of cleaning to do ("we" will probably end up just being me with my brother whining in the background while doing nothing) to make it suitable for her. I've offered a friend of mine help in cleaning out his extra room and putting together the crib for his baby in exchange for some help with some stuff that requires getting in to tight spaces in terms of repair (he's skinny as a rail so he should fit). I wonder how much I would have to pay him to hook something up for me under the house. I would do it myself but the last time I did some crawling under there, my fat a$$ got stuck and I've put on about 50lbs since then.

I also need to either buy or rig something for my cordless drill to mix self-leveling flooring stuff for my bathroom.

I'm hoping to go up to Alexandria (the "big" town around here that has the big hardware stores, restaurants, a couple of movie theaters, and a mall-- things the town I live near are lacking) and look at some supplies. I want to get a wheelchair or something for my mother so I can bring her with me. I know she can't go into the mall without one. At least HD and Lowes will have those little riding things she could use.

I need her to look at stuff and pick things out.

I wish it would warm up already today. I need the motivation to get out from under the covers and do something productive. I already went out to feed the dogs and get one of the cats off the roof.

I forgot to mention that I need to figure out how to remove my old garbage disposal bc it is unlikely that I can get HD or Lowes to have it installed. I did discover that Lowes will match online prices (but not do the 10% lower). Lowes has the disposal I'm looking at for $243.62. Home Depot's website has it for $239.00. Amazon's price is $199.99 with free shipping. Sales tax is around 9% in Alexandria (maybe 8.9 or 8.7-- its 10% where I live).

I wonder if Lowes treats HD's site as a store since there is a Home Depot in that town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't waste your money on those crappy septic pump gizmos for the disposal. Just get a little "InSinkErator" Badger for less than half that price, and you'll be fine.

Also, what wire is hanging off your disposal right now? Can you take a pic of it?

Lastly, once you get a running disposal, run ice cubes through the disposal ever week or two, and you won't have any smells, and the ice will keep the blades nice and sharp.

Don't waste your money on those crappy septic pump gizmos for the disposal. Just get a little "InSinkErator" Badger for less than half that price, and you'll be fine.

Also, what wire is hanging off your disposal right now? Can you take a pic of it?

Lastly, once you get a running disposal, run ice cubes through the disposal ever week or two, and you won't have any smells, and the ice will keep the blades nice and sharp.

Ah. Ok. I was thinking the septic one might be safer for my septic tank, but I figured it might be a waste of money so I wanted to ask first.

My brother sometimes dumps actual garbage (not food) down the disposal so it will have to be something very tough.

Hmm.. I guess I'll have to find the ice trays and make some ice. LOL.

The water supply to the refrigerator kept leaking and messed up the floor so we disconnected it and thus don't have a working icemaker.

Hmm.. Ok, I went and looked under the sink and realized its just a decrepit looking ground wire that is hanging off. The cord to the wall socket is still going in. It's hard to get into there. I also saw that I misremembered what type of disposal it was. It's a Kenmore 700 heavy duty 3/4hp one. I don't know why I thought it was Craftsman...
The paint fumes in that area are still very strong from the spill my brother caused the other day.

Well, after getting called out yesterday afternoon for the fun snow removal at work, and called out again at 3am this morning, I came home, and took a short nap until around noon... Loafed around the house, watching some christmas movies with the wife and kids.. Then, this evening, finally got off my butt to take the trash down to the end of our lane... Hooked up my trailer to my quad, put the cans in it, and headed down what was this morning my lane, but had transformed into what could have been a GREAT skating rink!! After I got done 'playing' on the quad coming back up to the house, I finally got my chance to try out my tow-behind broadcast spreader for it's secondary purpose of spreading salt/gravel..

I have to say, it did a fairly good job with the salt, but piss-poor with the gravel/salt mixture. Only problem I really had was the fact that it was really hard to control my spread width.... was either not spreading enough, or I was slinging it off into the wild grey yander lol.. For now though, it's about bed time... 5am comes early.

I built an arbor today and then went to sears to continue my search for a rock hammer that seams to be a non existent item.

No because I went to a new restaurant in town for lunch and have not left the rest room since.

Latest posts

Back