Honest opinions needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We once did a dope search and he found quite a bit. As a reward, I would throw him a play towel. On this one occasion, he found the dope but didn't want his towel, and immediately ran back into the car seemingly satisfied. As I drove away, I happened to look back and he was chewing on a wad of money. I returned back to the scene and later found out it was $20K he was attempting to eat. Kinda embarassing. To answer your question, nope, I returned ALL of it!

Back to topic, I have begun the teardown of the oak wall. I've been taking pictures and will be needing opinions soon.

Just goes to show that Dogs are smarter than humans. He didn't have any use for the money other than something to chew on. Too bad the druggies don't think like Dogs.

I still think they should have let you keep a couple Mil.

Well, I've been working on my pool table room all week. It seems like I take one step forward, then two steps backwards, because I think of other ideas. Today is the day to either paint all the oak (except for the floor) a white satin color, or leave it natural. The walls will be a nice rich gold color. Do you suggest I paint the oak, or leave it?

I also don't know if you can tell, but a doubled the amount of raised panels on the lower portion of the wall. Should I pull off the chair rail on the other two walls?

IMG_20110629_125336.jpg

IMG_20110629_135001.jpg

IMG_20110630_135649.jpg

IMG_20110701_182034.jpg

IMG_20110701_182043.jpg

That looks good, I would leave the part from the chair rail down all wood.

I'm a woodsie kind of dude too. Anybody can have a painted room. Only us Manly Men can have wood.;)

Well, two of you agree with leaving the oak stained, not painted. I'm really glad you guys like it without paint, because I really can't imagine painting all that oak. Right now, I've just taped off the upper chair rails, and preparing to give the ceiling another shot of knock down texture, since I've eliminated the speakers in the ceiling. Crap, I'm not use to this work stuff!

OK, the room is done. I re-stained the oak floors yesterday, textured the walls and ceilings, and a little painting. Be brutally honest and give me some more ideas. I found a wholesaler dealing with TV wall mounts, and just ordered everything to mount the TV above the fireplace with some built in to the wall speakers. It should be done next week with my next spurt of energy.

IMG_20110703_131158.jpg

IMG_20110703_131224.jpg

IMG_20110703_131304.jpg

IMG_20110704_182942.jpg

IMG_20110706_080635.jpg

So, it is better than painting the oak white? I have to agree, but if and when the house gets sold, I may hear grumbling about "oak is out!" Thanks!

Awesome GSD! I wish I still had mine... :| one day I'll have another one.

I like the stone idea, and getting rid of the figurines and shelf...

Well, the room is just about done. I've removed the dark upper wood on the walls, textured and painted, hung wall speakers, routed all my HDMI and power behind the TV, and cleaned up some clutter. I really don't like all the wine pictures, but that wall was huge and needed something to cover the bare walls.

1310689265876.jpg

1310757401567.jpg

1310771103262.jpg

IMG_20110709_192850.jpg

IMG_20110709_192948.jpg

Does the switched show I'm power hungry? :)
1) Bar light on a 3 way switch
2) Pool Table light
3) Ceiling fan
4) Ceiling fan light
5) Fireplace light
6) 4 can lights on big wall
7) 3 patio lights
8) 4 exterior under eave spot lights (to light up the back yard)

Does the switched show I'm power hungry? :)
1) Bar light on a 3 way switch
2) Pool Table light
3) Ceiling fan
4) Ceiling fan light
5) Fireplace light
6) 4 can lights on big wall
7) 3 patio lights
8) 4 exterior under eave spot lights (to light up the back yard)

That's a lot of lights.

Latest posts

Back