Covert Japa-tacti-kiri-nese-adashi Complete

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRad704

Moderation
Reaction score
The kiridashi has been done for a few weeks, but I just finished this sheath for it today. Rides tight to my body without poking my gut, just the right retention and if the leather wasn't red, you'd probably not even see it on my belt.

2011-07-12%25252011.00.42.jpg

2011-07-12%25252011.02.01.jpg

2011-07-12%25252011.03.03.jpg

2011-07-12%25252009.17.28.jpg

Nice. I like the wrap.

Since I have never heard of this type of weapon, I did a search on the internet and found this:

A Kiridashi, sometimes mispelled Kiradashi, is a japanese style blade with a chisel ground edge designed for Woodwork and Carving. In recent years, the tactical community has taken to this style of knife for concealed carry, self-defense knives. The most affordable ones are the ones from Japan made for woodworking use from laminated carbon steel.

Most of the sellers of these kinds of knives are Custom makers as they are easy to make. They have no handles, and have a simple flat chisel grind which requires very little skill compared to most knife grinds. As self-defense knives the Kiridashi is not very useful for anything but a stabbing or piercing.

As self-defense knives the Kiridashi is not very useful for anything but a stabbing or piercing.

Is there something else it needs to do?

I guess that about covers it, huh?

Oh no....they forgot to add that they would be good for cleaning fingernails!

I guess that about covers it, huh?

Oh no....they forgot to add that they would be good for cleaning fingernails!

It's the only time I clean them. I haven't carried a pocket knife in a couple of months and my fingernails are dirty. Gross dirty.

Latest posts

Back