leak around subhose assembly / bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcheap

Reaction score
so i replaced the sub hose assembly and all the gaskets but i am still experiencing a leak in the center valve

the hot and cold are good. i illustrated where the leak is coming out of. definitely the top and maybe bottom.

should i get different gaskets or is there some sort of silicone i can use?

thanks

unnamed.jpg

Did you use teflon or pipe dope on it when you replaced the parts? Nvm dumb question. Doesn't look like it leaking from the threads themselves. How old is the faucet?

the valve itself was here when i moved into my building in 2013, so i estimate maybe 10 years

what lead to this was i replaced the hot valve and ended up snapping the sub hose assembly because it was brittle

finally changed the sub hose but experienced leaks on the center and cold valves

decided to change the rubber gaskets or rings around the valves which solved the cold side but the center is leaking. figured this would've fixed it but it's leaking and im pretty sure its snug and positioned properly as illustrated in the pic.

thanks

I have worked on similar faucets I bet there is a washer were
the top arrow is no Teflon tape...on that it sure a out that bottom arrow
but if its like any other pop up assembly they do have a washer

disconnect the hot and cold so you can remove that brass piece to check/replace the gasket

Last edited:
are you saying i should flip the hose assembly the other way

now that i look at the pic i see there is a shape difference from top to bottom

maybe the connectors for hot and cold doesnt matter, but perhaps the center does hmmmmmm

i did replace all the rubber washers/ gaskets however....

You need to disconnect those water lines and unscrew that fitting that you have the arrow pointing too. Put either Teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads of that spout and retighten it up. That should take care of your leak. Make sure the gasket in there if it takes one isn't twisted. Let us know how it turns out.

Hard to see from here, but Looks like a manufacture leak , considering the age and headache is giving you I would just replace the whole valve

yes there is a plastic ring gasket underneath where the arrows are (top and bottom)

i replaced them on the cold side and it no longer leaks. i did the same for the center but it leaks. should i just try maybe a little thicker gasket. would have no idea where to get them from.

ill try to take it apart this weekend and see if the gasket is out of position.

Back