Had a water leak, now low pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
So I had a water leak between my two bladder tanks, I fixed the leak but now we have low pressure in the house. Only thing I did was shut off the valve coming to the tanks and tripped the breaker for the well. I believe something is restricting it somewhere? I do have a water softener system that I know nothing about. Pump still pumps to about 58 PSI and cuts on at about 40. The tanks are set to 47 PSI. I am at a loss.

20171022_100331_resized.jpg

20171022_100342_resized.jpg

If the pump is coming on at 40 and off at 58, you have lots of pressure. I think that pressure is just not getting to the house. Put the softener in bypass and clean or remove any filter cartridges. Could also just be the aerators on the sink faucets and the shower head clogged after disturbing the pipes.

I will give that a try, I had just replaced the filters a few weeks ago and the filters are before the tanks but I will check it out.

Yes it was my filters, must have stirred some junk up when I shut down the well and restarted it.

Back