pvc glue fittings under sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i4ni

Reaction score
I'm installing a new kitchen sink and I'm planning on using all pvc glue fittings from the baskets to the wall connection. I hate the slip nut and washer type drain fittings that in my experience will leak sooner or later. I know I'll have to cut it apart if I have a problem but I figure I'll just use rubber couplers if that happens. I never have plugged drains but I've had it with leaky pipes. Are solid glue ups done very often? Any other potential problems with this setup? Thanks

Tubular trap assemblys arent allowed here. Ive never used them, and ive never had a problem clearing a drain using a ptrap with a cleanout on it and/or a line cleanout

Properly installed, I have seen very, very few leaks with slip joint connections. That is what I use under sinks, and I just don't get call backs for leaks.

Now, I have seen trouble with people using those ridiculous flexible fittings and traps, or flipping a trap over when the drain arm is too high.

Yeah, I've seen your work. Been following you around taking these pics.

:D Just kidding

images565CARV3.jpg

imagesJ26TCSZO.jpg

imagesWSMW23CO.jpg

Tubular trap assemblys arent allowed here. Ive never used them, and ive never had a problem clearing a drain using a ptrap with a cleanout on it and/or a line cleanout

Does this apply to bathroom sinks as well?

Latest posts

Back