Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Pumps and Wells > Leak detection and well water shutoff system

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Lucky-Don

Default Leak detection and well water shutoff system

Hi All,
I have developed a leak detection/well water shutoff system. I do not use a shutoff valve or any type of computer controls. I use "Old School" over sized parts for endurance and reliability. Today everything is complicated and built with poor (China) quality. They are not reliable and when you need a system to work this is as "bullet proof" as it gets. I shut off the power to the well pump when a leak is detected with a wired by cable water leak sensor located near a well tank, manifold or any water treatment equipment. The system will interrupt the power to the pump with an inline power relay (clapper type). It is a NC relay so no energy is used till required to open the circuit. The system is powered by the pump power so no other power source is required. To install it you would place the control box between the well power switch and the pressure switch or the pump controller power line. There actually can be up to six sensors if desired with various cable lengths. It actually takes no longer that 20 minutes to install. The mounting of the control box on the wall will take longer that wiring the system. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lucky Don

2013113_Well.JPG   photo 3.jpg  

Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
dohertyplumbingsolutions

Likes Given: 2

That's something unique and quite innovative, good work!!