Random Question PVC Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbBob86

Reaction score
New at this and was wondering input on the picture below. Does this look ok? 90 long sweep 3" for toilet and reduced to 1 1/2" in back for tub. Is it ok to turn the 90 that close to horizontal? Wondering if tub water will find it's way into the 90 from the toilet or if it's even an issue.

Thanks!

IMG_1734.jpg

move your trunk over to under the lav wall,

you are trying to use a san tee, cause you do not have room for a combo,when you move over you will have room, you might have to install part of the combo in the floor, make the hole you drilled bigger "NEATLY!!!"

IMG_1734 (1).jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

If it's sloped and vented properly the tub isnt going to drain into your 3" combo. One thing I'm wondering though....if that tee goes to the tub, where's the trap?

If it's sloped and vented properly the tub isnt going to drain into your 3" combo. One thing I'm wondering though....if that tee goes to the tub, where's the trap?
it isnt vented properly.

do you see the san tee? you cant wet vent a wc with a 1 1/2 vent. minimum vent size is 2'' tub is not vented..neither is wc

Correct. I was saying IF its vented and sloped properly. Since you already addressed that issue, I didnt feel compelled to do so again.

Thank you for the feedback! Would have made more sense to move the trunk like you said into the next bay so I would be directly under the WC. The tub is vented with it's own 1 1/2" line which is beyond the blocking (see revised attached picture).

Capture.JPG

Thank you for the feedback! Would have made more sense to move the trunk like you said into the next bay so I would be directly under the WC. The tub is vented with it's own 1 1/2" line which is beyond the blocking (see revised attached picture).

you are useing a tee, it has to be a combo, and minimum size vent for a terlet is 2". 1 1/2 is against code

also,,,you can not have 1 1/2 as a vent below the flood leval rim.

on the tub all underflor vents shall be 2"

where is the lav draining to???

IMG_1734 (1).jpg

Last edited:
you are useing a tee, it has to be a combo, and minimum size vent for a terlet is 2". 1 1/2 is against code

also,,,you can not have 1 1/2 as a vent below the flood leval rim.

on the tub all underflor vents shall be 2"

where is the lav draining to???

Ok, I think I've got it! See revised pic below. If I make all these changes would this be sufficient? Also not sure why you need a 2" vent for a tub. According the 2012 UPC a 1 1/2" vent can handle 8DFU and a bath is only 2.

2Capture.JPG

I would change it to a 2" and make sure it is vented. It doesn't look properly vented. I would also move the trunk line more to the right and have it centered.

Latest posts

Back