Check out this storm drain run.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
This is a storm drain run of 3-36" HDPE Pipes encased in concrete that we did to re-route a small Creek under a concrete plant.

100_0201.jpg

100_0539.jpg

100_0540.jpg

I miss doin' that kinda stuff sometimes...

And I see the 'boss' showed up for the last pic (green shirt).... haha

We have to do those runs in concrete pipe up here. Our soil is much softer and shifts too much. Makes for some looooooooooong days.

Looks good.[insert thumbsup smiley] Looks like the "bosses" truck is bigger than yours. LOL

So the factory is going to be built directly ontop?

On this one a portion of I believe wharehouse was going over this and the rest just outdoor concrete slab. Generally there is not pipe of any kind except for the plumbing of that building under it but there was no where else for it to go in this case. I don't have any pics of the finished product but we encased it all on concrete and then another 12" on top before they even started building anything.

We have to do those runs in concrete pipe up here. Our soil is much softer and shifts too much. Makes for some looooooooooong days.

Looks good.[insert thumbsup smiley] Looks like the "bosses" truck is bigger than yours. LOL

We do them in concrete pipe here as well just not on this job but it would have made it alot easier since the HDPE wanted to float up when we pumped the concrete.

You gotta love coming in the morning and seeing your hard work floating in a ditch. I had a 1200 gal. septic tank go afloat overnight once. Came in and it was rocking back and forth like a damn battleship.

We do them in concrete pipe here as well just not on this job but it would have made it alot easier since the HDPE wanted to float up when we pumped the concrete.

So how did you manage to keep the pipe on grade with it floating like that?

So how did you manage to keep the pipe on grade with it floating like that?

We had two excavators and a few backhoes on that jobsite so we would set the buckets on it to hold it down. Once they were covered they stayed pretty well but we still on poured so many feet a day and left the buckets on til the morning. I will try to find some pics but no garauntees.

Unless you just want to add more pics (and who doesnt like pics?), I get the idea... that was actually my only rational thought about how to do it, just wasnt sure if I was right or not...

In theory, I wonder if you could have capped and flooded the pipes to keep them down?

I had a myriad of drainage piping and drain boxes all float up around a swimming pool because the idiot concrete contractor waited 6 weeks to get the job finished.

A big difference between "We're pouring this tomorrow" and then getting a call 6 weeks later saying your piping is wrong.

WTF?@!?

I was furious, and that ended my working relationship of 18 years with that concrete contractor. He took it as 'no big deal' and wondered why I was so pissed.

That piping laid there in direct sunlight, getting hammered with UV rays. That will make pipe brittle, always. Never again will I trust someone's word when it comes to construction...

Back