What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use to pay $40 an hour for Cessna 150 Aerobat, $60 for a 172, and $65 for a 182 rg.

Yeah that price is steep but at least you don't have to pay for the maintenance.

We use to pay $40 an hour for Cessna 150 Aerobat, $60 for a 172, and $65 for a 182 rg.

Yeah that price is steep but at least you don't have to pay for the maintenance.

220 volt crawfish boiler controller

finished controler 003.jpg

the 4 wire plug has a cord that plugs into the dryer plug behind the dryer

it has 2 hots 1 common and a ground
using 4 wire, i can have 110 v inside the controler to power the fan.

the 3 prong plug is the wire to the element in the crawfish boiler

finished controler 006.jpg

Attachments

• finished controler 001.jpg
    finished controler 001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
That's wild lookin Frodo.

Today, I started yet another KiTec replacement. It's starting to get cold here so working inside all day is nice

Hi! I'm still alive! LOL. I'm trying to catch up.

I have been doing a lot of cleaning up and even got my brother to help. He's lost over 100lbs and is getting smug about it.

I got some help with temporarily fixing my front gate awhile back, got some new hinge pins and will use those when my friend comes back over to help with installing a new support post. I'm debating whether or not to get some sort of wheel to help the fence with opening and closing. Since its on dirt, I am not sure if it will be more of a hindrance than a help. But I'm thinking of getting one of those things that holds the gate in place when its open while holding it up so it doesn't put as much weight on the post. I'm also considering getting some sort of automatic gate opener, but I'd want to have it be solar powered. Problem is, the gate is under the trees and the perimeter is pretty much all under trees. I'd have to find a way to run a line to wherever the solar component would be, but I'd need to have the line be high enough that it wouldn't get in the way of the tractor going under. Anyone ever installed one of those things before?

I got my newest outdoor faucet wrapped up in insulation and duct tape with a little foam cover over the faucet for winter.

The cows still have hay.

One of my cats needed dental work-- had 8 teeth pulled to the tune of $230.01. He still needs more pulled.

I went to some hardware stores the other day and got mistaken for an employee in both of them. Ended up helping one woman find the plumbing pieces she needed and then found the glue for her before the employee showed up. In another store I helped someone figure out how to set something up and was disappointed that they didn't have the part I was looking for (that flex pipe that hooks to the jet pump is apparently not a common item). I then got mistaken for an employee in Sam's club. LOL. I helped a woman load something into her cart.

I've still been trying to stick to a lower sugar and lower carb diet with mixed success. My brother bought a tray of mixed cookies and I've had 6 of them so far. I'm hoping that when my sister gets here she can inspire us to eat healthier food. We're planning to go see the Star Wars movie together, so that should be fun. I haven't gone to the movies in a few years.

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Heh. Nothing wrong with saying "nerd". Its sort of expected in conjunction with Star Wars, Star Trek, and comic books. I am a huge nerd-- got a lightsaber, phaser, star trek uniform, tricorder, a bunch of Star Wars memoroblilia, and probably over $1k worth of comic books from over the years.

Mom splurged this season and got me the 6 tool accessory kit Matrix by Black and Decker and she got the bag to carry extra attachments and supplies that don't fit in the case. I'm going to use it to assemble the new tv stand she bought when we get the old tv out. It's so massive that it didn't need a stand-- it has rollers and built-in huge speakers. But we wanted to move to something smaller-- it weighs 240lbs so its unwieldy. New TV weighs less than 50lbs and is an ultra 4k smarttv. We're giving the monster tv away to a friend and he's going to help set the new stand and tv up. It will all be crammed in the huge entertainment center Dad got for the old tv. I'll have to try to take some pictures once I get enough space cleared away.

My internet has been having issues and was throttled about a week in to the billing cycle and just got unthrottled so I can load things more easily, but I'm trying to be online a little less so it doesn't use up too much bandwidth. I'm hoping someday we'll have unlimited internet that isn't slow as snails. But that won't be for awhile.

Did I mention that the power company sent two women out to check the meter on my property and for some reason they thought there were two meters so they started poking around in my barnyard and got chased by my cow? One of them tripped over a fallen branch and fell down. I had to come out and distract the cow while they checked the meter-- it took two of them to do it since one of them couldn't figure out how. The cow was just excited to see new people to play with. The vet had a good laugh about that one-- said I have a guard cow.

get a 1/2'' ss male thread x 3/8'' compression adaptor

2'' piece of 3/8 copper

6'' piece of 1/4'' copper

slide the 1/4 into the 3/8 solder them together

pinch the end closed {end that goes in tank" solder closed

put in the welde coupling insert the thermometer probe

>>>do not flange the 3/8 like I did, that is a different application>>>>

2015-12-08_2323.jpg
th adaptor.jpg
gauge 002.jpg

different application, this will at the top of the column
the flange is to solder to
gauge 003.jpg

gauge 004.jpg

Last edited:
still alive and kicking, i saw him weld some armor on a car body using a nickel.

doesnt work, cost me fiddy cent to figure it out.

then, couple of years later. i was working out of town. up in beaver creek colorado.

went into a bar one night.

LOL guess who was up in there. MCGYVER...that poor sob caught hell that night.

He had 5 pipe fitters/welders on him like a wolf on a bone

we picked on him all night long.He is actually a good guy

gotta give the boy respect, he took it all in stride. and. he gave me my fiddy cent back !!!!

Last edited:
LOL. I remember that Richard Dean Anderson was still getting ribbed about the MacGyver thing even when he was on Stargate:SG1.

Hey Zanne glad to see you back. I don't think the new StarWars will be as epic as the original but still looking forward to seeing it.

You Know what hey used to call fixing things with what you have on hand before MacGyver came along? Can't say it here. Not acceptable words to say.

Nice control box Frodo

Hey Zanne glad to see you back. I don't think the new StarWars will be as epic as the original but still looking forward to seeing it.

You Know what hey used to call fixing things with what you have on hand before MacGyver came along? Can't say it here. Not acceptable words to say.

Nice control box Frodo

Yeah. I don't think they could ever totally re-create the magic of the original movies. We are living in different times and they feel the need to cater to different tastes.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the term. I think a milder term was "jerry rig". And now I'm remembering another term that WC Fields changed to "Ethiopian in the fuel supply" for some odd reason.

Back