toilet and faucet leak issue in trailer house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
at the moment i'm having a problem with the valve on the back of my toilet leaking. how do you replace it?

also, recently the bathtub faucet had to have a washer replaced. the one on it completely failed and let the water run freely. is it possible to put a solid brass fixture in one of these houses?

In some cases, it is possible to replace the tub/shower valve with a conventional tub/shower valve. Mainly it is dependent upon the thickness of the wall that the valve is located in, and how much work you want to do.

I am assuming that the valve that is leaking behind the toilet is the shutoff valve for the toilet. How to replace it is dependent upon what type of piping material you have. What is it, grey flexible plastic, hard yellow plastic, galvanized steel?

In some cases, it is possible to replace the tub/shower valve with a conventional tub/shower valve. Mainly it is dependent upon the thickness of the wall that the valve is located in, and how much work you want to do.

I am assuming that the valve that is leaking behind the toilet is the shutoff valve for the toilet. How to replace it is dependent upon what type of piping material you have. What is it, grey flexible plastic, hard yellow plastic, galvanized steel?
toilet.jpg

Last edited:
That appears to be 1/2" CPVC. At your local Home Depot/Lowe's, they should sell a supply stop valve that glues onto CPVC. It is very likely, however, that you will have to get another supply tube. The one that you have does not look to be the same size connection as a standard supply stop, which is 3/8" compression. I would shut the valve off, remove the supply tube, and take it with you when you purchase the new stop and supply tube, so that you can make certain that the new supply tube will even hook up to your toilet. Sometimes the plumbing in mobile homes gets away from the ordinary.

That appears to be 1/2" CPVC. At your local Home Depot/Lowe's, they should sell a supply stop valve that glues onto CPVC. It is very likely, however, that you will have to get another supply tube. The one that you have does not look to be the same size connection as a standard supply stop, which is 3/8" compression. I would shut the valve off, remove the supply tube, and take it with you when you purchase the new stop and supply tube, so that you can make certain that the new supply tube will even hook up to your toilet. Sometimes the plumbing in mobile homes gets away from the ordinary.

which one is the supply tube?

Back