What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He says he looked down then up and hit me. I think he hit the wrong pedal seeing how he pushed a 8,000 pound truck 30 feet into the car in front of me in stopped traffic. At any rate I got an F'd up truck and a sore back. At least he admitted fault to his insurance company.

So sorry about your truck, Chris. I hope your back is ok.

Frodo, that stream looks like my road a few months back. LOL.

All I did was drive to LA this morning although that is an adventure in itself.

Going back to the doctor today since my back still hurts like hell from the accident.

Had to break out the old Spartan today. Men's and women's room were clogged in one of the buildings on base. Pulled up plenty of black crap obviously...

I hope you get some compensation from the insurance for medical bills and pain and suffering, Chris.

Meanwhile, my chiweenie tried to earn a Darwin award by picking a fight with the neighbor's guard dog that is 5 times his size. She's bigger than my rottweiler. Fortunately for the little one, she was only trying to teach him a lesson and not kill him (because she could have easily bitten his head off or gone for the throat). She tore him up though. He's been in the vet's since Tuesday and had to have surgery and is wrapped up in bandages. Today the infection was cleared up enough for them to stitch him up. They initially thought we'd have to wait until Monday to bring him home, but if he's doing better tomorrow morning, I might be able to bring him home then.

He would have been hurt much less if he'd just submitted after the initial attack. Once the dog had him on his back and he was holding still, she let him go; but he had to jump up and and bark at her. I tried to put my legs and arms in the way to protect him, but she just shoved me out of the way and I couldn't pull her off of him. She kept picking him up like a rag doll and shaking him (although not shaking him very hard). The owner finally came out and ordered her to stop. She immediately let him go and walked away-- then the little dumbass ran up to her and tried to bite her. When I described what happened, the vet just shook his head and said it was "Little Man Syndrome". While Fippy nearly got skinned and had huge gashes in his skin, it doesn't seem like any of the bites went too deep and there wasn't damage to internal organs.

Now that my brother is back from his trip, he's been eating the food and making messes for me to clean up. He can't be bothered to put something in the trash can 3 feet away so he's been leaving trash on the counter and leaving empty plastic grocery bags all over the floor- as well as having spilled some of his trash from his room on the floor when he dumped it in the kitchen trash. I've had to take him to the store for milk twice now, and had to take the trash out (which he's supposed to do) and wash his dishes... If our dryer was working, I'd probably be doing his laundry just to get it out of the hallway so I could walk back there more easily to do my own laundry.

I hope that if I can bring Fippy home tomorrow that I will just be able to sleep all day Sunday. I haven't been sleeping well since I was so worried about Fippy.

Poor little Fippy!

I use to work with many of those with "Little Man Syndrome." I just chuckled to myself when I would see it.

Since this house is officially for sale, the realtors have been instructed to call me one hour prior to showing the house. This has happened so far 12 times in the last two days. Gotta get up, run the vacuum, turn on all the lights in all the rooms, including the lamps. Turn on the ceiling fans, spray anti-fart spray around the house, straighten the rugs, fluff the pillows on the couches, open the blinds so they have a view to outside, hose down the front and back porches and patios, clean dishes, scrub and dry sink, fold wash rag real purty, wipe down bathroom counters, add candy to candy tray, turn on mood lighting, turn on the flameless candles on the wall, and the 'Piece De Resistance' is to turn to TV channel #1832, which is smoothing elevator music. Turn off sound on TV, and turn on Dolby Surround Sound. Grab unneeded keys, lock them away, check for any valuables and jewelry, locking them in the safe. Give the house one last look to see if it is inviting, and drive away....only to park around the corner, or run to Home Depot, or to the store, or to Costco, anywhere but here. In about 1 1/2 hours, return home and turn off everything and wait for the next call.........

It seems to work, because 12 persons have looked at the house, and realtors have sent in 4 near full price offers with one $8.5K over our asking price.

Today I bought the wife a new car and I kept hers for a toy. I now have a 2013 Dodge charger with a hemi for the garage.

Havasu, I imagine that in your line of work you had to deal with some perps that didn't know when to just follow instructions.

Sounds like a good way to make the home inviting. I hope you get a very good deal on it. Does that mean the deal for the house you want to buy has gone through?

Chris, that is awesome! I hope you like your toy and I hope the wife likes the new car.

The house I want is still in limbo. I should be OK unless someone comes in this weekend and pays cash for it. Come Monday morning, when I lock in my sell, then we can get the seller of the other house exactly what he wants, and in the same time frame he wants.

Good luck, Havasu!

Thanks for the well-wishes for Fippy, guys. Just brought him home today. I put a cushion on the seat and brought a fuzzy blanket to wrap him in. He still has a bandage on and will need to have it changed on Monday (I have to bring him back in). He's very sore, poor baby. He perked up when we were close to home and I was telling him how he was going to see his Bitsy (a really fluffy cat that loves to snuggle and play with him) again. He flopped down on Mom's comforter and she folded it over him. He loves that comforter.

The vet bill was painful though. I literally said "ouch" when they told me. It was almost $800. I could have bought a couple of laptops or a decent gaming computer for that.

My little brother will be 35 in a little over a week. He has COPD and its acting up again. He gets mucus buildup that makes him throw up-- and he was doing that last night. I saw he spilled coconut powder all over the floor in the kitchen.. Ugh.. I'll have to go sweep that up in a bit. I know he's sick, but he doesn't pick up after himself when he's NOT sick. Its frustrating.

Back