Pressure Regulator = no water pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furbinator

Reaction score
Hello all. First time here. I've been remodeling the Money Pit since August - roof leak led to water and mold in the basement. Thought I would turn a small insurance claim into an opportunity to upgrade.

Completely re-did water lines from main. 1" PEX to shut off valve to whole house filter to Viega ManaBloc to PEX throughout the house.

Passed initial code inspection - code services guy said my P&T valve kept weeping because my water pressure was too high. We took out all the old galvanized and copper. Galvanized was blocked to about a pinhole.

Long and short of it is, he recommended we install a pressure regulator (the water tower we are on has over 80 PSI - but I never tested).

Water from fridge won't work, if more than one faucet is on at a time, one just quits. Filling a tub takes forever. I adjusted the nut all the way (Cash Acme EB-45 with sharKBITE PTF) , package says it goes to 70 PSI.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Should probably mention that prior to the regulator, the (brand new) P&T valve did leak constantly, but our water pressure was like gangbusters.

Wow. Probably one of the nicest ways to say, "Hey dumb-dumb, go look again and make sure you didn't put that thing in backwards like some jackass." Thanks, Frodo!
So, ummmm yeah. Fixed it! (Facepalm)

Yes. I installed the dad gum thing backwards. I thought Frodo was giving me an easy way out by simply saying, "post a picture." I was zooming in, saw the arrow pointing skyward, cursed appropriately and remedied the problem.
Sorry for the confusion, all. And, no, I'm not a plumber. Don't even play one on TV.

They said "Thanks Frodo!" Why the big frown with the testicular looking chin?

DAMN"T,,,,You owe me a new keyboard!!!
I spit coke all over it!!!!!!!!
It does look like testical's
so i guess that makes it a dick head!!!!! a.gif

Glad you got it figured out, feels good to figure it out yourself , dont it ?

Back