Price pfister shower drip

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwf269

Reaction score
Hello, I have an older price pfister shower, and recently noticed when the shower handle is closed water is still dripping from the tub diverter. I think i need to replace the handle mechanism, but not sure how to go about doing that. thanks for any help .

DSCN8266.jpg

thankyou, i thought i would only be the tub diverter if the shower was running and water was still coming out of the tub diverter which has happened, but i didnt think it would the tub diverter, thankyou again.

Please keep us in the loop on the repair. Also, we love pics for the next person who has the same problem.

The cartridge needs to be replaced. I don't think that I have ever replaced that particular one, pull the handle off so we can see the cartridge underneath.

Reactions: SHR
I apologize that I didn't read your question as well as Phish did. He is correct, if your water still continues to drip when the faucet is off, then yes, you need to replace the cartridge.

ok thankyou for letting me know that, i wasnt sure if it was the cartridge or the tub diverter. i will be posting a picture of the cartridge, since it is an older handle

Back