Utility sink drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmdrent

Reaction score
Want to put utility sink in garage. What is the minimum distance above the main 3" drain line do I need. I don't know if I will have enough drop below the sink after the trap...
Thanks...

3" main is on other side of concrete wall about 12-18" below the floor of the garage ( where I want the sink). Need to know if I can tie in to the main with trap bottom about 12" above the 3" main... I haven't measured this exactly yet... Just want to find out what the min height I would need...

3" main is on other side of concrete wall about 12-18" below the floor of the garage ( where I want the sink). Need to know if I can tie in to the main with trap bottom about 12" above the 3" main... I haven't measured this exactly yet... Just want to find out what the min height I would need...

Attatched picture of basement wall.

IMG_4050.jpg

Yes, I will tie into an existing vent line on the first floor or run a new vent line out the side of the house...just not sure if I should tie the new drain into the vertical stack in the picture or bring it down and tie in horizontal extending that flush out?
Obviously I am not a plumber...but have had years of success trying.... so far...
just dont want to screw anything up on this one since it is my mother-in laws new home...

Latest posts

Back