Chinese Ads

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_David

Easily Amused
Professional
Reaction score
Blocks where ads usually appear are filled with Chinese Characters.

Is any one else getting this or could it be some virus or personal glitche that only I am having?

ℼ潤瑣灹⁥瑨汭㰾瑨汭㰾敨摡㰾楬歮栠敲㵦栢瑴㩰⼯潦瑮⹳潧杯敬灡獩挮浯振獳昿浡汩㵹潒潢潴㌺〰愦灭氻湡㵧湥•敲㵬猢祴敬桳敥≴琠灹㵥琢硥⽴獣≳㰾瑳汹㹥筡潣潬㩲〣〰昰給潢祤琬扡敬搬癩甬ⱬ楬浻牡楧㩮㬰慰摤湩㩧細潢祤扻捡杫潲湵ⵤ潣潬㩲牴湡灳牡湥㭴潦瑮昭浡汩㩹刢扯瑯≯愬楲污猬湡⵳敳楲㭦潦瑮眭楥桧㩴〳㬰㱽猯祴敬㰾捳楲瑰⠾畦据楴湯⤨登牡搠笽㭽楷摮睯献㵳畦据楴湯愨笩潶摩〠㴡搽慛㽝孤嵡⬫携慛

I also haven't run across this, however my computer is running sluggish. This morning I downloaced the latest version of CCleaner and Malwarebites, and both are currently running on my computer. I'll let you know how I fare when it's done.

Well, it says I'm fine.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 9/26/2014
Scan Time: 7:50:13 AM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.09.26.05
Rootkit Database: v2014.09.19.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: mark

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 336324
Time Elapsed: 19 min, 36 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

What do you know about "Saferweb"? every time I clicked on a new web page while searching I would get these annoying side bar pop outs and the random ads I see have a small identifier label "SaferWeb" This turns out to me a program I some how downloaded and installed by mistake. I may have gotten ride of it but I not sure.

Sorry I just converted this forum to a Malware/Virus Forum :rolleyes:

Several option I found to get rid of this suggest downloading another free or Not so Free program to scan and remove all malware like this.
Trouble is, which one do I use .. Do I trade one malicious program for another? :confused:

SafeWeb is an aggressive tracking add-on that tracks your web searches and others personnel things and can lead to identity theft.

Adchoices is a google tool that does the same to inhance the choice of ads you get, but you can opt out to maintain privacy :cool:

Untill recently I was wonder why I was getting adds from my Credit Union showing up while I was on PlumbingForums.

I'll check this out and see if it does the trick

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

123.jpg

Last edited:
We have a computer genius moderator on Flooring Forum. http://www.flooringforum.com

His name is Nick and he can let you know about that particular site. I'd recommending using him. He helps anyone who stops by, and has his own site....which I've never had to sign into yet.

Back