New faucet - water line fittings different sizes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon03

Reaction score
I went to Lowes to pick up a new kitchen faucet yesterday because mine started leaking under my sink. When I tried to install it last night, the supply line under my sink is a different size than the supply lines on the faucet.

I have attached photos of my supply line and existing faucet line as well as a photo of the new faucet lines. Would I be able to find an adapter that will make this work or am I going to have to replace the line?

Thank you.

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.jpg

The 3/8 supply hose on your new faucets is designed to go onto a shut off valve for your 1/2" pipe, that has a 3/8 male end. (A pex r14 straight angle valve in your case).

Most faucet these days come with a 3/8" compression swivel nut on the end of the factory attached supply line on the faucet. Most faucet in the past had a 1/2" male IPS fitting on the inlet to the faucet. Looks like what is in you hand in dark photo. The new swivel nuts in your 2nd photo look like 1/2" .
If the new one will screw onto to old faucet inlet then they are the same as the existing supply. you maybe able to just use a 1/2" brass IPS nipple to connect the old supplies to the new ones.

I always install new supplies when I change out a faucet

Latest posts

Back