Screen/filter for water supply line to refrigerator

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvent

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an inline screen/filter that I can install on the water supply line running from the wall to the refrigerator? See attached photo showing the water supply line coming out of the wall.

I want to filter the water entering the refrigerator because I am getting water softener filter debris that is clogging the Water Filter Housing Tube Assembly (see attached). I replaced this part a few months ago and it appears to be clogged again. (I already tried installing a new refrigerator water filter, which didn't work, I'm still not getting any water from the door dispenser).

About two years ago the water softener filter broke causing yellow beads and sludge to clog all of the waterlines in the house. The debris still appears to be working its way through the lines.

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to clean the Water Filter Housing Tube Assembly or has other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

IMG_20180206_072101.jpg

71LhcANGytL._SL1500_.jpg

Back