Changing Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvent

Reaction score
I want to install a new 1 hole kitchen faucet, however, underneath the sink there is a rusty C-shaped ring immediately below the old fixture. The water lines and sprayer hose both go through the center of the rusty C-shaped ring. What is the name of the rusty C-shaped ring and how do I remove it?

The new faucet I want to install has a plastic piece that threads onto the shaft of the new fixture and it appears that the C-shaped ring piece needs to be removed for it to fit.

Please see attached picture. Thanks!

IMG_20180204_180809.jpg

IMG_20180204_180251.jpg

You need to remove that black plastic clip to get to the nut. Try prying off the white c clamp, which should allow the black plastic piece to release. Once removed, use a long plumber's socket and remove the nut. Once the nut is removed, it will all fall away and you can install the new faucet. By the way, these sockets are cheap and can be purchased at Harbor Freight for about $6.

41M9W6PD1XL.jpg

Thank you. I will try your directions, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the tip on removing the white c clamp etc., that was exactly what was needed. Got the new faucet installed today. Thanks!

CYMERA_20180215_170016.jpg

IMG_20180215_165733.jpg

Latest posts

Back