Hot Water Recirc Pump Blues

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WuXiaoBai

Reaction score
I came on about a year ago with a similar but different issue. We did identify that the shower leak was due to the recirc valve dealing with uneven hot/cold levels with toilet flushes/dishwasher/washing machine use. We like having hot water instantly enough that we've put up with it, and a plumber who came out said with our builder it's a known issue and either you deal with it or you unplug the pump and just wait.
We've been using it since then, but recently we had a power outage that knocked it out of whack. Once the power came on, it started making a shuddering sound again, so I did what had worked previously: I unplugged the recirc pump and re-plugged it about a minute later. Since then, we've not had instant hot water, and I can't seem to find info on how to fix it on all the DIY blogs/sites I've been searching.
Any help to get my hot water recirc pump back going is greatly appreciated!

What brand of pump? If you have confirmed power, and confirmed that the timer is not stopping the pump from running, you will need to replace the pump.

Reactions: SHR
Back