Hole In Kohler Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question on my toilet. Just below the rim holes in the front is an elongated hole about 1.5" long in the siphon tube section just below the rim. I cannot figure where it came from and it does not look like it was made that way. There seems to be no effect in the flush or the siphoning action. Should I be concerned or maybe fill it with some waterproof epoxy. Here is what it looks like:

Thank you very much,

Toilet.jpg

Last edited:
I can't understand how a hole can develop in porcelain? I'd be concerned that the crack may spread and make the toilet itself unsafe?

I don't understand it either. Could be a flaw in the porcelain when it was made?

I would send these pics to Kohler, along with a model number. They may just send you a free replacement.

I too had a problem with my Kohler toilet when it appeared some of the casting from my toilet drain began to come out of the top of the bowl. After taking pictures, they called my local Home Depot and set up to have a new bowl delivered there, where I picked it up for no charge. I needed to take care of the actual replacement, but in my opinion, Kohler's customer service is "top notch!"

What a great suggestion. That never crossed my mind. Thank you. I am on it.

Cannot find another slot. Maybe another type. What are the holes for? Pressure relief or drainage?

Thank you

That is cast in all bowls of that model. If you look at the other side you will see the same slot.

You were right and Kohler and others were wrong. I watched a version of This Old House and it was on Kohler toilets. 3 and 1.6 gal flush models. Right in the picture, the opening shows on both toilets. Kohler even told me it does not exist and that we must have done something wrong like using a metal toilet brush that damaged the toilet. Not true and as this photo shows they all have this hole. So I am sorry for doubting you. Please forgive me.

Screenshot of The Manchester House - Episode 19 - This Old House.jpg

You were right and Kohler and others were wrong. I watched a version of This Old House and it was on Kohler toilets. 3 and 1.6 gal flush models. Right in the picture, the opening shows on both toilets. Kohler even told me it does not exist and that we must have done something wrong like using a metal toilet brush that damaged the toilet. Not true and as this photo shows they all have this hole. So I am sorry for doubting you. Please forgive me.

I wanted to see he video but The TOH web site wants me to sign up for an annual subscription to allow access to it. Yeah I can get the 30 day free trail.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/manchester-house-episode-19

I know. I signed up a few months back and even got a Tom Silva shirt. The $9 fee is a little high. Just complain and they may offer you a cheaper rate. I love watching the old This Old House series.

Latest posts

Back