What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that same recall on two of my trucks. Took them to the dealer and no issues getting the new airbag installed.

I had that same recall on two of my trucks. Took them to the dealer and no issues getting the new airbag installed.

Was it the dealer you bought them from or just a make specific one?

Honda says they won't have the replacements ready until summer and recommended parking the vehicles until they can be replaced. I bought the truck from a Ford dealership and I know there is no way in hell they would do anything with the airbags for us. Plus, they are in Texas. I guess I'll have to contact someone from a local Honda place and get scheduled to get the airbag replaced when new ones come in.

For now, I'm debating whether to just hope nothing happens and the airbag won't explode or to have a friend pull the relay switch to temporarily disable the affected airbag. I know there was a woman in this state who lost an eye to the defective airbags and another person was killed. So, I'm in the climate where the degradation of the gas in the airbag is a problem.

Mine was a local dodge dealer and they had them in stock. I'm surprised yours doesn't as it has been a long while since the recall came out. Maybe call a couple dealers?

My first service call today is less than 30 seconds from my house. Since I live the furthest away from the shop, it doesn't make sense to drive by the call, go to the shop then drive right back. I usually start at 7am, but the place doesn't open until 8:30am....and right now it's 7:55am. I have been going stir crazy here, they broke my morning routine!

Just found out my truck is on the recall list for defective airbags. A remedy won't even begin to be ready until summer and there are millions of recalled airbags. The defect has proven fatal (sending shrapnel in to people). So, I'm going to have my friend disable it tomorrow. He said it's a matter of pulling a relay fuse or something. The alternative would be to get a rental car to use and not drive it until the airbag is replaced.

Careful. You tamper with it, Even pull the fuse, can give them the right to say you altered it and void any warranty.

My truck is a 2013 model is is already past warranty. But you have a good point.
Chris, Honda just announced this month that the Ridgelines were affected by the recall.
I will have to check with the nearest honda place to find out if they will do the airbag recall. Ok. I just called them and they said they don't expect to get the replacement airbags until June or July and that I will be sent a letter in the mail telling me to bring my vehicle in when they have the parts.

Well it's made it this long? Can always gamble. I still haven't taken my second dodge in yet.

Got back from palm springs with a side trip to disneyland with the family on saturday. Took a week and a half off work and got back to grind on monday. Works been busy we have 75 guys on our crew. Life has been good lately. Hope everyone is doing well.

You went to Palm Springs and didn't call? That's about an hour from my house.

Damn, well now i know. Wife's grandma rents a house there so we should be back next year. Palm springs was a great time. Outlet shopping, pool lounging and cheap beer.

You went to Palm Springs and didn't call? That's about an hour from my house.

Just returned from a 2 day stay at a Bed and Breakfast ranch in Escondido. Had a great time and spent lots of time at a really nice winery. I also drove past Chris's house, but since he ignores my calls, I continued without him.

I never saw a phone call, try yelling out the window next time. You can see my house from the freeway.

I waved. Maybe you didn't see my middle finger extended! :D

Traffic was horrible coming home at Railroad Canyon. CalTrans decided to paint the lined on the freeway, and nearly slowed to a stop without notice. Worse yet, the idiot in front of me didn't have any brake lights. I damn near had his car impaled as my new hood ornament.

That's my kinda fun right there. Keep the beers for you. I would rather " hash out" my troubles��. I won't touch the guns or even move outta my chair.... Man it's been awhile since I had good clean fun. My way. Kids and family are fun but a day on the lake where nobody calls me daddy. Maybe my hot wife calling me big daddy but she needs to leave the boat once she done. Don't tell her I said that.

Latest posts

Back