Mixing Valve Rough-In

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbidiot

Reaction score
Hello,

I am installing a Kingston Brass single lever wall mount faucet that I bought from Overstock.com and have a question. I am not certain which line should receive the hot and which the cold.

Regrettably the documentation provided does not have any model numbers or any rough in instructions (only instruction for assembling the faucet to the rough in mixing valve assemblie), so I am including a picture.

Can anyone please tell me which line should receive the hot water and which the cold so that it will work like standard single lever faucets. I am thinking that is hot when you turn the handle left and cold when turned to the right. The lever will point down when installed, so my guess is hot on left and cold on right. But I am just guessing. Don't really want to sweat a half dozen joints twice if I am wrong.

Thank You!

P14182344.jpg

IMG_20130218_154927.jpg

Also, instructions say to flush the lines before I hook it up. How critical do you think this is? I have trouble imagining doing this without making a big mess. How sensitive is the clay cartridge in the mixing valve? Thanks again.

Standard is for cold on right, hot on left. This is even required by IPC code.

I would remove the cartridge before soldering the connections. Flush the lines before you reinstall the cartridge.

Thanks phishfood! :D

Just to clearify phishfood comments, the hot on left is as your standing in front of the sink,facing the faucet. So based on your lower photo showing the back of the valve, Hot would be in the right looking at it from the back of the valve.

Beni, Thanks for the clarification. Actually the photos are both from the front (sink side) of the valve. But I appreciate your making sure I am steered correctly.

Thanks!

Back