Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Drain and Sewer Cleaning > drain overflowing

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
misha

Default drain overflowing

I live in an apartment and have a drain on the bathroom floor. When i take a shower (i admit i use a lot of soap), foam comes up from the drain. Is that dirty shower water that's coming up? Or is from somewhere else? Will the problem go away if I stop using as much soap? Thanks

Old 12-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
HermanAStrong

Hello Misha,
It may not be due to soap. It may happen also for some other reasons. Better you just try using a small amount of soap for few days and just notice the change. If the problem is still happening better you consult a plumber to recognize the actual problem.