3 problems with glacier bay kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrain

Reaction score
3 problems glacier bay kitchen faucet with seperate hot and cold handles along with sprayer...

quick video explaining issues: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KtWp5NifIC3GRnCe2

1. the water on the hot side drips, so i purchased the hot stem to replace but.....

2. when i go to screw in the hot shut off valve under the sink it drips and does not turn off the water all the way...it slowly runs.

WOrked the valve back and forth and was able to get it to stop dripping on my hands but it still will not turn off the hot water 100% so that i can replace the hot stem.

I can't see anyway to stop the hot water from the sink past that shut off valve. Do I have to drain the water heater heater so i can replace the hot shut off valve so as to turn off the water.....which would allow me to then be able to replace the hot stem?

3. water pressure from both hot and cold has slowed drastically and some time causes either of the lines to vibrate and rattle from time to time......the sprayer still has good pressure as does every other sink in the house. What is this problem and how do i fix?

faucet screen is clear and rubber washer is good so that's not stopping the flow.

thanks for any help

Last edited:
Do you still have low water flow from spout with the aerator removed?
Maybe you need to replace the diverter to replace the diverter.
That is item # 10 on the parts breakdown.

qqqq.JPG

Last edited:
yes...i still have about the same amount of water flowing with the aerator removed.

I'll head to home depot and grab that diverter

of course home depot does n't have that part in stock so i have to order it online which will take a week for that diverter to get here

Home depot will usually provide that part free of charge since it is Home Depot's private label.

You could just take it out temporarily. the hose part is always pressurized.
When you use the hose the water flow pulls the diverter closed restricting flow to the main spout. That diverter got stuck. It should pop back open when you stopped using the hand sprayer.m If you take it out you should have good flow at spout. But it will not shut off when you use the hand sprayer.

Back