Can you identify this kitchen faucet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mary

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a youtube instructional vid but they're all aimed at the kind of faucet that has the hex screw on the bottom. This one has a phillips screw on the top under a cheap plastic cover and there's no name ANYWHERE. Argh.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

No one? Is it because it's a stupid question or because it's an oddball faucet?

Sorry for the no-reply, Mary. I saw the post before, but I'm at work and need to get home to use my resources. There are literally hundreds of faucet types out there and if it's not familiar it may take some time. I'll try to get back to you tonight unless one of the other members gets to it first.
Sometimes we need to let visitors know that most forum members are simply enthusiasts and professionals that are volunteering their time to help. We do not get paid for our time. We have jobs, families and other personal activities in our lives, but still remain willing to help when time permits.
Just a little patience and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks, C.

Thanks, I appreciate your time. I have a facebook friend that suspects it's a Moen but I couldn't find anything similar on their site. I'm going to take it into work tomorrow and pester all my co-workers about it as well.

If that is a Moen kitchen faucet, I will eat my dirtiest hat. My dirtiest hat must weigh 5 pounds, most of it dirt.

If I really don't have a clue as to the proper answer to the question asked (this thread being a prime example), I try not to post an answer.

Reason being, and I am speaking only for myself here, when I am extremely busy with day job and side business and family concerns, I tend to ignore the questions/threads that already have a member whose abilities I have come to trust participating. So, if time is short, I will bypass threads that Caduceus, JohnJH20, CamaroDerrick, or the like is posting to, and seek out the unanswered questions where I might be able to offer an informed opinion instead of just agreeing with another professional.

It seems that to me that other pro members tend to do the same, so I don't answer questions that I don't have a good answer for to someone else who hopefully does.

This is the faucet breakdown and cartridge w/part number (with diverter). Hope this helps you out, Mary. Sorry again for the long wait.

valley kitchen faucet cartridge   Google Search.jpg

valley faucet breakdown.jpg

Looks like you may be right, John. Valley w/spray has a second 0-ring, Mary's faucet doesn't. But the Sterling doesn't have an o-ring on the cartridge face in the diverter port and Mary's faucet does. Hmmm, amazing similarities.
Mary, could you post a clear picture of the bottom face of the cartridge for us and let us know if you have a sprayer attachment for the faucet.
It looks like John is right, but it just kills me that he kicks my butt at these things.:p
I'm retiring if I'm wrong:eek:

BTW, it's good to see you in this thread, John. I was worried that something happened to you!:D

Sorry for sounding like an impatient jerk, I honestly don't know if I'm asking stupid questions. Like why can't I get the handle to separate from the stem mechanism? It's unscrewed but it won't budge.

ETA: no, there's no sprayer attachment

Some better photos:

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Good news! I took it to work today and one of the mechanics tapped the handle off the cartridge's brass stickie-uppie thing since it had about 14 years of hard water deposits freezing it up, took it home, stuck it in and it works great. I wouldn't have had a clue that the cartridge and handle weren't one unit if you guys hadn't pointed me to the different part numbers and diagrams. And once it finally does give up the ghost, I have a much better idea what to look for. No creepy maintenance guys in my apartment, yay!

Much appreciated, I owe you all cyber beers.

I haven't had a cyber beer in quite awhile. I hope it tastes better than the last one I had!

Cheers

negra-modelo1.jpg

Latest posts

Back