venting upflush toilets in to sewage line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwboy

Reaction score
Installing a zoller upflush toilet and have no access to existing soil stack and I dont want to run a separate line out of the house. Can I just tap into the sewage line upstream from the pump to vent. By using either a t or y union facing up. Any pictures would be very helpful too.

I was hoping someone has done this and has some pictures and if there were any issues doing it that way. 4 inch line just think putting the vent into line further up from where discharge is plumbed in im in michigan

Last edited:
I was hoping someone has done this and has some pictures and if there were any issues doing it that way. 4 inch line just think putting the vent into line further up from where discharge is plumbed in im in michigan

This is not something I would never do in a customers home, BUT before I started plumbing for a living, my Dad and I finished the basement in his house. When we got to the latrine, we just sat a quick John and did exactly what you said with a 4x3 Y, it's never been a problem.

Latest posts

Back