New toilet old house.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumbear

Reaction score
I'm looking at installing an ADA approved to toilet to a 60's build home. Is there going to be any issues between the new toilet old fixtures? Is there anything about a toilet installed in the 60's I should know about before removing it (I'm thinking it's right about the time lead asbestos was popular so maybe something bad with toilets too?)

The toilet flange has been stanardized for a long time. I dont think you are going to run into any problems. Unless the sub-floor is rotted away.

An ADA toilet is just taller than a standard toilet.

There should be no real issues, one thing to keep in mind: A lot of the style in the '60's was to have a 'banjo' type countertop that would extend over the top of a toilet tank, keep in mind that height if this is what you have.

Should not be a problem. Not sure what you meant by "lead asbestos". Years ago there were lead pipes connected to the flange, but unless you damage it (this will not happen by removing the toilet) it will be fine.

Back