Kitchen sink sprayer leaks (or: what is this part?)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matbluvenger

Reaction score
Hey all! First post here, have a problem.

Last night all of a sudden the hose leading to the sprayer would shoot water all over the place under the sink when it turned the faucet on.

280-sprayer.jpg

I'm not even sure what this piece is called.... but the leak is coming from where the black hose on the left connects to the plastic manifold, almost as though the hose just separated from it.

I'd just like to know what the plastic piece is called and if fixing that hose is as simple as just reconnecting it.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:
Those connections are usually made at the factory and I don't know if it is serviceable.

Some of those connectors are simply push fit. See if there is a collar that you can push down and then pull on the pipes. Then you can cut off the end of the leaking pipe and re-push it into the connector.

a picture of the faucet would help TONS!!!

likely this in not a serviceablle part, but it could be.. without knowing the make it is impossiblle to properly determine.

Gonna back up what others have said here. In 95% of cases that part is non serviceable, it uses a special factory-installed fitting that locks into the push fitting (I am assuming that is a white push fitting with a blue plastic "clamp" that locks over the end of the hose.)

If it is a good faucet manufacturer they will be able to get you a replacement part. If it is a cheapy....toss and replace.

Latest posts

Back