Air in water.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelk

Reaction score
I have a 400 ft well cased with sealed top 4 ft under ground 3- 90's 1 vent=1 electric=1 water. 4 bolts on cap ....Have air in my lines, pump seems to work fine every thing works right just have very fine air bublbles in water,also have a very dark black substance in my filters have to change once a week .not sure what to do to fix this issue.

I presume it's a submersible pump.

You could have a hole in the line, or the pump could be sucking dirt

Yes it is submersible,and I guess I will have to rig up a pully and tackle system to pull 400 feet of pipe out of the ground. any idea what a contractor would charge for this. and if I don't go that route and do it my self what type of pump is the best for such a depth.I work on a drilling rig so I think I could do the work.

If you have steel pipe you could have a hole/s. If the pipe is PVC or Poly, chances are that's not the problem unless you have poly with galvanized male adapters or PVC with galvanized couplings. Could be your water level has dropped causing the pump to drop the water level to the inlet of the pump.

I work on a drilling rig so I think I could do the work.

Well.....for starters, you dont hold a pump licence.

400+ feet of pump and wire, plus a minimum 1HP pump...I think i would be hireing a professional to come and diagnose before i just haul it out of the well willy nilly.

Latest posts

Back