Can You Identify This irrigation booster pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_David

Easily Amused
Professional
Reaction score
Looking to I.D. this pump

rating plate sun bleached out
I did get some numbers off the rating plate, but not a Manufacture

mod #9k86B
115/230v
25/12.5 amps
60 hz
continuous service

Thought I could make out a name on plate RISQUE D'ELECTI**ION
But think it means RISK of ELECTROCUTION :eek:

Woodson 004 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
It could be anybody's pump. End suction pumps all look alike. They are used for boosting pressure not pulling from a well or pond. They are extremely hard to get primed. What are you using it for?

That model number 9K something sounds like a Grainger number which means it could be anybody's Pump.

Yeah thanks .We hooked up with Grainer. That one is discontinued and have a replacement coming in on Monday. It's an irrigation booster. Not sure why they need it though. The 1-1/2" back flow valve that supplies this pump has 120 psi on it already. Landscapers say they don't get enough water flow with out it. :confused:

I think someone's smoking some funny stuff. Booster pumps boost pressure, but can't boost volume much at all.

Booster pumps increases the pressure of any fluid. It don't think its a booster pump it looks like any type of suction pump which is used to pull out water from any well.

Thanks!
It has already been replaced. It is a booster pump supplied by a pressurized water main. It is used to boost an irrigation sprinkler system on high ground of a golf coarse.

Yeah thanks .We hooked up with Grainer. That one is discontinued and have a replacement coming in on Monday. It's an irrigation booster. Not sure why they need it though. The 1-1/2" back flow valve that supplies this pump has 120 psi on it already. Landscapers say they don't get enough water flow with out it. :confused:

Last edited:
Back