What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted, wish I knew someone with a house there. I own property but it has no address.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

If you own property, I believe you can demand an address for mail purposes. Other than it being quasi-prohibited because your primary work is in California, why not, everyone else does it. I also heard that now Arizona will accept a PO Box, just like South Dakota does currently.

I can easily start up an az office for work.

I think your property actually should have an address already, but I'm not certain. You can check with the tax assessor's office and if you know the general coordinates (like from google earth), sometimes it will list an address. Google earth actually told me the correct address for my scumbag neighbor (who was claiming my address as his own and causing all sorts of problems for me).

Also, if the DMV failed to send you notice, you should gripe at them until they take the extra fees off. Sometimes that works. My mother is pretty good at getting extra fees removed when they have been tacked on for bogus reasons or because the bills and such were sent late.

Meanwhile, my sister is desperate for us to move near her and keeps sending us real estate listings for her area. She is ignoring the minimum requirements my mother established for what she is willing to buy though. There was one potential property with 10 acres of land but it is extremely ugly inside. Hopefully paint can fix most of it.

Last edited:
I got a call this morning from one of my customers that he saw one if my trucks towing a tractor sitting in the middle of a highway with its flashers on. Turns out my employee thought he could make it 30 miles with the fuel light on while towing 12,000 pounds. He still hasn't called me, he called another employee to bail him out. He must know how I feel about him right now.

It's been building up the last couple weeks with this guy. Everyday it is something new.

Does that mean you get to put on your Donald Trump face and say "You're fired!"?

Sounds like the employee is a problem.

Yesterday I was invited over to hang out with some friends and convinced my mother to go (she's good with his kids and can distract them so they leave me alone). Then I tried to help my friend's wife color easter eggs. The dye wasn't taking (and actually ate the shells off of some of the hard boiled eggs). For the fake eggs she got we ended up painting them with nail polish. That stuff smells horrible. I don't remember it smelling that badly when I used to paint rocks with it. I haven't tried to paint with nail polish in 30 years and I suck at it. The eggs turned out looking like a couple of kindergardeners tried to paint them. I also had the realization that the last time I'd painted with fingernail polish was before my friend and his wife were born.
I was invited to an Easter party today but declined. I'm not a fan of large gatherings and I knew there would be small children there and that Easter tends to bring out the worst in the little ones.
Meanwhile my brother is making some liver marinated in red wine. It should be ready soon.
We discovered that with a large microwave rice cooker we can make a lot of things (our stove needs to be replaced so we have to use the microwave).

Went to work at 10:30 last night and worked until 6pm today. I can barely see straight and the wife asked me to cook dinner.

I took my daughter to her first band recital while wifey went to see Bruce Springteen. My little girl did great, yet strangely I find myself craving red wine marinated liver while fantasizing about riding down Splash Mountain as "It's a Small World After All" repeats through my head....strangely.
Maybe another beer and I'll wash the dog, too.

Get some sleep, Chris.

The liver was delicious. My brother ate less than usual because he realized its one of my favorites. I returned the favor last night by making him some mac n cheese (my brother likes to cook and is not handy-- I'm a bit more handy but hate cooking). The few things I can cook when the stove is working are things like grilled cheese sandwiches, scrambled eggs, and sauteed mushrooms. There is a trick to getting good flavor from the yolks by waiting until the whites have actually started to turn white before breaking the yolks.

Since my brother has been feeding the possum animal shaped cookies, the possum has decided that its a nice place to be. I snapped a photo of it resting on a blanket on the kitchen floor (the cats sleep on the blanket-- please ignore the crap the cats knocked on the floor when the dogs startled them by going after the possum).
10256447_471498159649721_6614785151425657960_n.jpg

So yesterday I went into the kitchen and nearly stepped on the possum. It was looking around for the cookies. My cat that is the most timid and freaks out about everything just walked by the possum without caring and another cat walked up and sniffed it and the possum didn't hiss. The possum looked at me but didn't freak out. Then it walked back over to the blanket and curled up for a nap. A few minutes later my brother fed it some more cookies.

Picked up a job at Disneyland today.

I don't know about the west coast version, but the east coast version of that has put more than one or two companies out of business.

Be very careful, check the specifications, be very proactive about safety procedures, make sure you have the ability to meet and beat their schedule, etc.

It is not just the GC that you are working for that can/will give you problems, they will have their own people walking around making everyone's life really miserable.

Got back at 5 PM yesterday after all week out of town.

It's great to be home!

Now I have to spend all weekend in the blueprints for a new project that I am starting Monday.

Disney sucks, I have worked for then before.

Yes that is a foam insulation. This building is a 325,000 SQFT freezer. If you didn't put foam the earth would freeze and push the building up. I've seen that on smaller freezers.

I never realized the ground would freeze from a freezer sitting on it. I learned something new!

Yesterday I went over to a friend's house to use his internet because mine wasn't working. Brought him some boudin balls with cheese and hung out for awhile. Around 7:00pm my mother called to say that one of our elderly friends was dying and we needed to go see her. So I went and picked her up and we switched vehicles (the smaller one I drive is hard for her to get in and out of) and headed back in and stayed visiting our friend until well after 1:30am. She could open her eyes but is blind and she tried to moan a few times but mostly coughed a little bit and couldn't communicate. She can move her arms but doesn't squeeze people's hands. She has some directive to not have IVs or feeding tubes so she's dehydrated and is down under 100lbs now. Her husband had the same directive and it took him 10 days to die.

I'm hoping that she will either improve (which I doubt) or go more quickly than her husband. It was hard watching him die and he seemed to be suffering. We went over and sat with him every single day and my mother was there when he died. I'm thinking the woman must be at least 85 now, and her mind has been going for quite awhile.

We are going to go back over and sit with her today.

Back