Help please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tileman

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the configuraton in the attached pics is acceptable. My main concern was the "T" running horizontal off of the hot water inlet.
Everything is mocked up and ready to solder.

Thanks

007.jpg

008.jpg

That one tee on the hot is bull headed, assuming water comes up from the slab. It's not recommended to bull head tees, basically water comes from the slab and once it hits the tee it's forced to go both ways, whereas if you put a 90 where the tee is then tee off after the 90 water isn't being forced both ways. You can do it but its a better practice to not bull head your tees in any plumbing or gas. You could have future issues with getting a pin hole leak on the tee. Not saying it will just it could be a possibility.

That's what I was afraid of. So the way I ran off of the cold water inlet will work?

johnjh2o said:
If the lines are for the tub faucet it looks like the hot will be on the right instead of the left.

John

I second that after taking another looking and yes Tileman it looks ok. I would try and level out the cold line if possible. But otherwise I think it looks good. Once you clean all your pipe and fittings you can fiddle around making it level, if its possible.

If you are going to keep those permalynx copper fitting (push fit fitting) , Place a wet rag over the push fit portion while soldering to help protect the o-ring.

IFIXH20 said:
If you are going to keep those permalynx copper fitting (push fit fitting) , Place a wet rag over the push fit portion while soldering to help protect the o-ring.

That's what that fitting is! I've never seen those in my life

The push fit fittings are a temporary cap.

Thanks for all of the help. You guys have a great forum.

Latest posts

Back