Prv station

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zana

Reaction score
dear friends...
I wander,how the PRV can work in no flow condition.if we have fixtures can handle only 20 bar,while the initial pressure(before PRV) was 50 bar,how can we protect the fixtures from that high pressure at no flow?

The pressure reducing valves that I am familiar with have a strong spring holding a valve closed. The pressure that the spring exerts against the valve is adjustable. So in your case, the tension should be set so that it takes 31 bar of pressure to even open the valve. As soon as the pressure on the output side of the valve is at 20 bar, then the pressure on the input side is not high enough to keep the valve open. Does that make sense?

:confused:Not being familar with bar units
So I looked up the conversion Ratio

The bar (symbol: bar) is a unit of pressure equal to 100 kilopascals,
and roughly equal to the atmospheric pressure on Earth at sea level

1 bar = 100 kPa = 14.5038 psi

Therefore 20 bar = 290.076 psi
and 50 bar = 725.19 psi

That seems to be some serious water pressure. :confused:
Please enlighten me.

The PRV Pressumed to be a Pressure Reducing(regulating) Valve Does nothing in a NO Flowcondition. It doesn't control the flow of water.
It controls the pressure. If you are referring to a LOW flow as in low volume of water flow, that will depend on the size of the pipe system.

Can you be more specific

Back