Beginnings of my near-future whole-house replumb using a PEX Manifold System

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryboy26047

Reaction score
Hopefully this is under the right sub-category here...

So, since I'm sort of anal when it comes to pre-planning for any big projects, I tend to always make a few diagrams or 'blue-prints' if you will... along with various measurements and notes of what problems I could potentially run in to.. I'm going to attempt to post my initial diagram I made up real quick, not quite sure why, just thought I'd get some opinions or maybe ideas on how I did this and to see if my set-up appears to be the right way since this will be my first experience with this type of plumbing.. As I said, this was just a quick little thing I 'drew' up for my own way of visualizing what I'll be doing in an effort to avoid any obvious hiccups by having the materials I that I'll need..

I will also be taking all my measurements for all individual lines and recording them using the # references I used on this diagram as well as my shopping list. I know this is sort of a silly diagram that is very very basic, but maybe theres the slim chance someone else out there may like my little plan of action and be able to put it to use with their own projects. Hopefully this works and the attachment actually shows up lol

*note* the manifold, hw tank, and washing machine are in my heated basement... the kitchen and bathroom are upstairs (1 1/2 story ranch style home)

PEX design #1.jpg

Use at least 18" of copper off of the water heater before you transition to PEX. I am not sure if it is all PEX manufacturers, but there are some that require that, so I do it as standard practice.

Latest posts

Back