One more reason I hate FedEx.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
This is not the first or second time this has happened to me. Other halfs grandmother passed away and this was the only thing left to us. It is a 1929 Hammond marble mantel clock. FedEx says sorry! She had it packed wrapped and shipped by the FedEx store guy and told him it was not replaceable and very fragile. Well the paperwork says not breakable and replaceable. I want to fly out to Boston to kick some ass.

photo (5).jpg

photo (6).jpg

I believe it was for a grand. It is only worth about 200 bucks but you can not find that same one anywhere. She wants it fixed, doesn't care about the money. They wanted us to ship it to them for verification. We told them we don't trust them with our items so we will drive them there personally.

As the page was loading I saw only the first picture, when the second photo showed up I actually gasped...how horrible. Sorry that happened to you, Chris.

Sorry about that.

I inherited two clocks from my grandmother. They are the only things that meant anything to me, if they broke heads would be rolling.

Holy flying monkeys! That po's me, and it didn't even happen to me.

I have heard many horror stories about FedEx, but have never had a problem with them.

I told her to go to UPS but her aunt who was driving insisted on them because they were closer.

Sorry that happened to you Chris. I have my Grandparents old clock from the 1800's and wind it every Sunday Morning. If I sent it anywhere, it would go with me not a shipper. I went to FedEx after getting tired of UPS breaking practically everything I sent out of here. They could destroy cast iron jet pumps and SS Submersible pumps. FedEx here has been much better. A lot of my stuff goes to the North and Northeast where there are lots of Unions. I believe that is the major problem. I hardly ever have issues sending stuff to California.

We have a Clock Repair shop close by. I took my Grandparents clock there and they got it running like new. I would recommend them highly if you're looking for someone to repair it, but I'm sure you don't want to drive to Florida.

I told her to go to UPS but her aunt who was driving insisted on them because they were closer.

That sucks. Did you rub her nose in it yet?

Back