Shower head dripping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC123

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could help me, my shower head started dripping awhile ago and i replaced the ceramic cartridge but without any luck the shower still drips.
I'm not sure the make of the faucet but i got the catridge matched up to replace, I have done this twice from two different stores because both times the shower still dripped when i was done. I'm not a plumber but from what I've been told the shower should have stopped leaking, I'm stumpped.

Here is the cartridge from the faucet i have replaced it with the same one.

DSCN0879.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

Just seeing the cartridge doesn't help in identifying the faucet. Many of the big box store cartridges are after market that don't always give the best results. If I could see the faucet I may be able to point you in the right direction.

John

I'm not sure if this is what your looking John, I hope it helps.

DSCN0883.jpg

It looks like a Price Pfister to ma anyways. What did the brands and models say on the package that the cartridge came in? And were do you live? Do you have any white and green looking substance in the valve body where the cartridge sits?

There was no model or number on the new cartridge bag, my local plumbing store just matched it up with a new cartridge he had. As to inside the valve no theres no green or white substance in there.

Well the only explantion would be that the shower valve body where the cartridge sits in has to be worn out or have a scratch or grove in it to allow that water to get by. Sounds like you might have to change out that valve.

I got it fixed turns out there was a second part to the cartridge that i didnt see (a check valve), i noticed some corrosion on it and replaced. Even though the guy at the store said it shouldn't have made any difference i changed it for a new one and no more leak.

Latest posts

Back