Grey Hazy Colored Water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajason

Reaction score
I have a question regarding our private drilled well. I'm not an expert so my lingo might not be correct but here goes!

My wife and I moved to her parents cottage that only got used randomly during summer months and maybe a few times during the winter. Since we have moved in there has been some increased water usage and we also added a washing machine. Our first issue was which we thought weremrelated was that after 2 loads of laundry we noticed we lost water pressure and the water turned to a greyish hazy color. We figured out that it was due to a water logged pressure tank, which we ended up replacing without knowing it could be fixed. Water pressure seems fine now although the greyish watermcolor still happens after a load of laundry or two. It goes away after a couple of days.

From what I can find online, the grey color poured in a glass doesn't go away, so it doesn't seem to be air bubbles. She did a load of laundry yesterday and the water color turned greyish, and today, the toilet is now showing clear water after hours have passed and it has been flushed several times. Each time it would get a little bit more clearer after the heavy water usuage had gone down. We currently are in the spring season. I think I have tried to cover all areas of what I know.
Any help would be greatful!

Thanks in advance!

I saw this post on another Forum. I can't remember what took place with it however.

What can you tell us about your well, pump, tank etc? Any filtration?

It might be the problem of water in tank. The dirty water can also come through taps. Is the problem solved now ?

Latest posts

Back