Shower Cold Water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbez

Reaction score
When the cold water is turned on in my shower; sometimes it flows normal, sometimes its hesitates then either flows normal or flows very slow, other times there is no flow at all. I replaced the stem and the shower head but the problem is still there. Any ideas? Is the pipe clogged?

There is no center stem - as far as I know. This is a shower with two knobs and I replaced both stems.

Sorry I thought you had a three valve. Your problem may be that your using after market parts. I see the stems came from Danco. Many times there stems cause problems. Try a different manufacture.

You may have a piece of the bibb washer lodge inside the valve body. Removed the stems and look inside the valve body with a flash light. If you do not see anything inside the valve body flush the valve body out with the stems removed.
To flush the valve body turn the water on full bore for 2 to 3 sec a couple times while the stems are removed. Be sure to secure the shower so water does not splash/spray outside the shower or run back into the wall. You might want to install the escutcheon to help keep water from running back into the wall.

Latest posts

Back