Connecting to sewer grinder station design help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grcmann

Reaction score
Greetings,

Need a sanity check prior to digging the trench this coming weekend. I need to connect our 4" discharge line that is currently going to our septic tank to a newly installed grinder station that is part of the sewers recently installed.

The existing 4" line is approximately 24" below grade; the distance I need to run to the grinder station is 10'; and the inlet stub out to the grinder station is 60" below grade.

My plan is to use a 90 degree large radius sweep fitting (is this necessary or can I use a standard 90?) to connect to the existing line to begin my 10' line toward the grinder station; after 10' of line run at a 2% slope use a 45 degree fitting to align with the grinder station inlet stub; then a standard 90 degree fitting to vertically drop the 33" to another 90 degree fitting that transitions back to horizontal and enables me to couple with the 5' inlet stub out provided by the sewer entity.

The existing sewer line leaving the basement has a clean out located inside the basement (the reconfigured line length will be 40' in total). So I believe I should not require another clean out since my horizontal pipe changes will not exceed 135 degrees. Is this correct?

The pipe bed will simply be the compacted soil of the trench. Is this code acceptable?

Have I missed something?

Thanks for your help!
Steve

I would use a combo ( wye + 45 ) where the line turns down to connect to the " 5' inlet stub out provided by the sewer entity" and bring a clean out up to grade (surface) and use a long sweep 90 from the vertical to horizontal connection.

And the 1st 90... I think the standard one will be fine. ( not a vent 90)

I assume that the combo would be in the horizontal section of pipe just before the first long sweep 90 that will take me vertical. Correct?

Is the native soil acceptable to lay the pipe on? If yes, do I need gravel to haunch up to the springline of the pipe or will broken and compacted soil be acceptable to haunch with?

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back