What size pipe for spigot running Sprinklers?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcintoshmc

Reaction score
So, I have 1 inch coming in. I'm going to reduce to 3/4 to the water heater, and then run 3/4 throughout, but reduce 1/2 to the fixtures except for the h/c in shower, I'll keep that 3/4.

What I'm not sure of, is my sprinkler system in the back is fed from the spigot. I have nothing but long distance rotor heads. I have two zones, and 11 heads. Not sure, what size I should run to the spigot, so that I won't affect water pressure in the home while running.

If you are doing a repipe , it may be a good time to move the sprinkler system to the water service , but if you want to keep it at the spigot I would run a 3/4'' line to it. Hope you have a backflow preventer.

So, if I connect sprinklers to water line, that doesn't affect pressure after the regulator?

are you saying that I should have that if I tap into the water supply vs. running from the spigot? or you're saying that I should have that period?

It needs to be connected between the hose bibb and your heads. It must also be installed 12" above your highest head. It may also have to be tested yearly by a certified backflow tester.

John

If the sprinkler system is connected to the hose bibb or water service you should have a backflow preventer. I would connect the sprinkler to the water service so you can turn off the water to the house when you go on vacation. I always turn off the water to my home and the breaker to the water heater when we go on vacation -

Latest posts

Back