Help please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopinleachbed

Reaction score
I have a 350 gal plastic septic tank everything is hooked up right as far as i can tell from researching my inlet tee is about 8" and my outlet tee is about 15" for some reason all the poop keeps going into the leach bed it's not due to not having it pumped out, I always check it and it just seems to always have water in it instead of the layer of crust then my leach bed gets clogged anyone have any answers? ty

thank you i guess the only option i have is to get another tank and hook it up with the one thats there now and see if that fixes it,i'm out of other options :(

poopinleachline, how many bedrooms do you have in your house? There is a way to estimate the needed size based on number of bedrooms in the house.

You will need to contact your local department of health and sanitation and have them confirm how large of a tank you need. Keep in mind that the size/output of the tank also affects the size of the leach field, although that is also determined by the rate of soil percolation. If your leach field has become saturated it will need to be cleaned out.

My soil percolates fairly well but for a one bedroom house we had a 500 gallon tank. We had to upgrade it to a 1,000 gallon tank because 2 more bedrooms were added. The general idea is that the # of bedrooms is indicative of the number of occupants and is used as a generalization of how much water will be used.

There is a thread on the process of getting a new septic tank here: http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/f11/how-add-replace-septic-sewage-system-5653/

Steps may vary for you depending on your location.

Back