What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo, thanks for the drain fix recommendations-- that's actually what I told my friends they should do as soon as I saw it. One other issue though: Its hard to see but on the very far right side, the cast iron pipe is resting on a block of wood just after it starts and the wood forces the pipe to angle upward. Do you think raising the trap a little will allow them to alter the angle of the cast-iron pipe at all?

Meanwhile, yesterday I took my friend to a town an hour away to get his vehicle registered. We get there and it turns out the notary back in town forgot to put the date and stamp the page with the date so DMV wouldn't do the registration. Tried a notary across the street and they said they couldn't do anything without the seller present- but the seller is in Alabama now. So we had to drive all the way back to town so my friend could have the notary add the date and stamp it (at no charge since she messed up in the first place). Then we had to drive all the way back (I was driving so I wasn't able to get a picture of the "muffler man"-- a scarecrow looking thing up against a utility pole that had a muffler for a head and someone had drawn a face on it). Stopped to eat and to get a new mouse and an APC so the power outages won't keep shutting my computer off. Headed back to town again and had to stop to get $ to loan my friend to get insurance (he kept calling to get quotes until he found one he wanted). He signed up and was going to get the inspection sticker but it took so long to do everything that we just missed closing time (they all close up at like 3:30 to 4pm). So he has to wait until Monday. Got a catfish dinner to take home to Mom.

I discovered that the creamed something with chipped beef at Golden Corral is absolutely disgusting. My brother tasted if first and made a face and said "This is awful". Then I made the mistake of tasting it. Ugh... I wiped my tongue off with a napkin. The sauce itself wasn't so bad, but the "beef"... ick...

I need to do something productive at home today. And by productive, I don't mean like making the South Park versions of some Criminal Minds characters, which is what I did to relax yesterday and this morning. The south park create-a-character studio thing is fun.

Last edited:
Could that trap arm possibly be lead? Looks like it has a curve to it.

Do you mean the one in your pictures or the one I thought was cast iron in my friend's pic?

Were the red-circled things in your pic holes or breaks in the pipe?

Today one of my cats started yowling for help. He's got an injured front leg-- all swollen. Of course the vet is closed and the only place within 100 miles that is open is the same place that caused the death of one of my cats and death of my friend's dog due to malpractice. They charge $180 just to walk in the door.

Was finally able to get in touch with my vet but she's busy and can't come in until possibly 2pm.. Said to give the kitty benadryl. So now I'm waiting to see if he feels any better or if he gets worse.

Congrats Matt!

Got THE call to assist the American Red Cross with the fires in Washington. I'll be working Life Safety/Asset Protection, so kinda like a cop without a gun. I fly into Seattle in the Am and will be gone for about 2 weeks. Please hold down the fort for me.

Good luck, Havasu. You'll need it if you're going to Seattle airport.

Congratulations, Matt!!

So far today I had to chase Mom's dog out several times because he kept opening my door and nearly letting my cat out-- was waiting to take her to the vet. Took her to the vet and she has an abscessed tooth that needs to be pulled. It's made her poor face puff out and she's not feeling well. So she's sitting on me now.

Have to take my bro to the doctor in a few min bc he's being lazy, then will have to come back and take my Mom to the doctor for her appointment in the afternoon.

Took my cat to the vet early in the morning and found out she needs surgery for her tooth and an abscess.
You can see that the right side of her face is a lot puffier than the left. Somehow the vet didn't notice and I had to pull her lip up to show how much swelling there was on the side.
11231275_723614497771418_308706899411109519_o.jpg

Took her back home and am babying her (she's on my lap now). I was trying to nap but my brother woke me up and wanted me to drive him to his doctor's appointment. Took him in and then went to the grocery store. Got home and had a few minutes of rest and then had to drive my mother to her doctor's appointment, then post office, then lunch at the chinese buffet. The good news is her longterm blood sugar levels are doing great and she's lost a little weight.

And today I went to heat something up for Mom in the microwave. Microwave turns on and runs for 3 seconds. Lights dim, microwave shuts off, then shows the message it has when first plugged in or after a power outage. I try again. 3 seconds, power blinks. Tried it 5 more times. Breaker isn't flipped but it keeps causing a brownout and the microwave loses power. I think its either a bad breaker or the wires to the house got fried again and it can't pull enough power.

Aww. I hope you get a good price for it, Chris.

Why? So I can buy an either larger one or one with enough property for an addition. That and I want one on city water and sewer. I'm tired of tank water that has to be trucked in.

Zanne I have doubled what I paid for it four years ago minus about fifteen grand I have put into it. I bought it dirt cheap. I will have a great down for the next house.

Just realized that the air conditioner stopped working when I tried to use the microwave earlier. There is no power to the thermostat as far as I can tell. My brother looked at the breaker box and said everything is on... ugh...

But, I'm glad your mountain house has increased in value, Chris.

Latest posts

Back