client horror stories

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't Sellecks house, he just has a house here. Trying to paint a picture of the fancyness of the neighbourhood

Great stories. I'm tired. Just enough juice in me to read them all.
As I was reading, some stories popped out of that whirling mass of memories but where quickly lost in the fog as I read the next story. Sorry !

I only have the typical cop stories. Lonely old ladies, kids getting naked, etc.

Some fun when the kinkyness wore off and the gal couldn't find the handcuff keys.

Guy flies 3000 miles in order to commit suicide. Drinks a fifth of whiskey, puts the .22 cal to his eyeball, and pulls the trigger. Woke up 4 hours later with one hell of a headache cuz the bullet went around his eyeball, and spun around his brain 7-8 times, and stopped. He flew back to NYC that day.

Yeah, lots of unbelievable stories.

I only have the typical cop stories. Lonely old ladies, kids getting naked, etc.

Some fun when the kinkyness wore off and the gal couldn't find the handcuff keys.

Guy flies 3000 miles in order to commit suicide. Drinks a fifth of whiskey, puts the .22 cal to his eyeball, and pulls the trigger. Woke up 4 hours later with one hell of a headache cuz the bullet went around his eyeball, and spun around his brain 7-8 times, and stopped. He flew back to NYC that day.

Pretty unbelievable! Wow!

dont stop there!! MORE!!!

Ever have a woman use her child as a weapon against you or someone? My dad had a co-worker who went to make an arrest and a woman who didn't want her husband/boyfriend taken away picked up her toddler (who had shoes on) and swung the kid's legs at the guy to make the kid kick him in the head over and over.

Actually, that is quite common. They believe if you place a kid in the middle, it's "King's X".

Ever have a woman use her child as a weapon against you or someone?.

This made me think of another one. Not used against me, but there was a child involved.

We are doing a renovation to an upstairs bathroom. Taking 2 small bedrooms and making one big bathroom I should say. So there's a wall in the middle that needs taken down. It's been determined already it's not carrying any weight, so just smash away. Yee haw!

I get a few good swings in with the sledge hammer when the homeowners daughter comes rushing in

"Whoa whoa whoa! Stop!"

Plumbers = :confused:

"Shh! The baby's sleeping!"

.....we're like.."are you serious? We're working!"

Needless to say....baby done got woken up anyway

helpers, long about year 2, start getting cocky, have enough knowledge to be dangerous.

we went to a parking garage with a stopped up sewer, the piping is over head, .

we located a clean out, and we were going to remove it..

now, i have been in this situation before. and if I can get some else to pull that cap, I will. LOL
before I can tell DAN , HOW to pulll the cap. he sets up a ladder.

directly in front of the cap.

if this was a new pipe, unused. That ladder set up is PERFECT for working on that line.

BUT, I think the ladder needs to be behind the cap.

young Dan does not agree with old grumpy plumber.

so, being the low key, non argumentative type. hell, dude go ahead.

as he was pulling the cap. I stepped behind a column.

sure enough, when the cap was removed, the sewage hit him smack in the chest, knocking him off the ladder

only to be rained on by more sewage.

about that time, some lady came walking up, smelled and saw what was happening

and blew lunch all over the ground

he was NOT getting in my truck like that, he rode in the back

This did not happen to me. I know the guy it did happen to

young helper farted in the cap of the truck, plumber pulled over and told him to get out and ride in the back.

the truck came back to the shop with the helper driving, and the plumber in the back with a black eye

Good stories!

When I first started. I worked for a guy that wasn't exactly bright. But when I first met him, he talked the talk, and made it seem like he was the man, so I was excited to work for him at first.

He didn't do much field work, mainly sat in his office and played fantasy sports. I had kinda started to put the pieces together that he didn't know as much as he said he did, before I went on my first service call with him. It was to change a hot water tank.

Now, I was pretty green but always mechanically inclined. This guy....just....no. We weren't in the house 5 minutes, he's all excited to be out in the field pushing the tools. He starts undoing the electrical...I notice the power is still on but I keep quiet...I mean...he did talk the talk.

He takes my...yes...MY linesman pliers, clamps onto the wire...sprarks flying everywhere, he's all startled for a minute then the keeps talkin to me about other stuff. So I watch him reach for a pocket knife in his back pocket....then proceed to start skinning the wire....I was just about to mention to turn off the power, but too late. Big old jolt and he sliced his thumb from wrist to tip. Now he's bleeding everywhere. He goes on to say "Now Matty, the first rule of plumbing. Don't leave any dna on site!"

The stupidest thing I've ever heard. But I have said it and told that story to many guys working with me just for a laugh. Most people in the area know of his company. But I did work for him longer then what I would care to admit. As a first year apprentice, I had to teach him how to read a set of plans!

Good stories!

When I first started. I worked for a guy that wasn't exactly bright. But when I first met him, he talked the talk, and made it seem like he was the man, so I was excited to work for him at first.

He didn't do much field work, mainly sat in his office and played fantasy sports. I had kinda started to put the pieces together that he didn't know as much as he said he did, before I went on my first service call with him. It was to change a hot water tank.

Now, I was pretty green but always mechanically inclined. This guy....just....no. We weren't in the house 5 minutes, he's all excited to be out in the field pushing the tools. He starts undoing the electrical...I notice the power is still on but I keep quiet...I mean...he did talk the talk.

He takes my...yes...MY linesman pliers, clamps onto the wire...sprarks flying everywhere, he's all startled for a minute then the keeps talkin to me about other stuff. So I watch him reach for a pocket knife in his back pocket....then proceed to start skinning the wire....I was just about to mention to turn off the power, but too late. Big old jolt and he sliced his thumb from wrist to tip. Now he's bleeding everywhere. He goes on to say "Now Matty, the first rule of plumbing. Don't leave any dna on site!"

The stupidest thing I've ever heard. But I have said it and told that story to many guys working with me just for a laugh. Most people in the area know of his company. But I did work for him longer then what I would care to admit. As a first year apprentice, I had to teach him how to read a set of plans!

That s SAD!!!

I also ran into a simular experience.

Co. I worked for hired a new guy, A MASTER plumber.

they sent me with him on his first call to change out a floor furnace.

as he sat in the truck reading the instructions.

I pulled the old heater, pushed the new into the hole.

He came around to hook up the gas.

the old regulator, was still on the old pipe.
and he installed the new regulator right next to it WTF?

BUT..hey,,he is the master.

when we got thru, it would not lite. I removed the old reg.

so much for the new guy

Sometimes I wonder how some of the "pros" get their licenses.

I'm the kind of nosy annoying homeowner that hangs around to see what the people are doing. I'll ask if they need anything and will offer to hand them tools or get them water or sodas and stuff. I'll run back and forth to the circuit breaker and ask questions about stuff. I make sure that the circuit breaker is off on any part someone is working on and I ask them to check with a voltage meter before touching stuff to make sure its off.

Once had a dishnetwork technician working on the box when it was plugged in to power. I had asked him if he wanted me to unplug it first, he said "no. Its ok". Then I saw he was getting buzzed with electricity and said "Yeah, I'm going to unplug it" and the zapping stopped. You couldn't touch the coaxial cables on it with the box plugged in to power. I discovered that it zapped me when I did-- not like a major zap, but enough to make it feel like my hands were vibrating and cause some numbness for a few hours.

I don't know enough about gas and regulators.. What did having the old regulator there do to stop the new one from working?

You all know what happens when you turn off the water to a multi-unit building with out prior notice! had a Commercial water heater leak and had to replace it. knocked on doors to give the occupants a heads up. Shut it down and went to work. about 30 minutes later a woman came down screaming about not being notified. I thought I had a dirty mouth. :eek::eek:
Told her to go call management. She left! I looked at my co-worker and made a comment, " what a f%*&kin' Bitc-h!"
She heard me and started back in on us. I told her she needs to wash that mouth out with some soap. The longer you're here the long it's going to take to get the water back on. :cool:

Had a co-worker in a hole trying to make a repair on a water line after hours.
Woman came up complaining no notices where posted. Demanded to know when the water was coming back on. Guy told her to go stand in the shower with the valve open and she would be the first one to know when it did.
We didn't work that property any longer because she happen to be a board member.

Not a horror story but was so funny that I had to go out and sit in my truck for a few minutes until I stopped laughing.

lady called and said she can hear something leaking in the wall just after she had taken a shower. Dispatch tried to walk her through in how to shut off the water until we could get there. On arrival, she took me up to the master bathroom. Large bathroom with vaulted ceiling. Separate Shower and roman tub. The noise sounded like an exhaust fan running. No exhaust fan. The bathroom was to big. I zoomed in on the noise. I touched the glass shower enclosure and the glass was buzzing. I reached up on top of the glass frame and found a disposable vibrating razor tucked up in the groove on top.
I showed it to her. :eek: :eek: :eek: That's what she heard.
I had a real hard time containing my laughter.

This did not happen to me. I know the guy it did happen to

young helper farted in the cap of the truck, plumber pulled over and told him to get out and ride in the back.

the truck came back to the shop with the helper driving, and the plumber in the back with a black eye

That's funny!! had a helper following me from the shop in a 2nd truck.
He rear ended me before I could get out of the parking lot. :mad:

Same guy tried to pull a 40gal WH on a stand with out draining it completely.
Thought he could walk it off the stand and drop it on the garage floor.
When he tilted it over, it pinned him against a cabinet.
Customer couldn't help.
We had No one to send so they called the Fire depart.
I think he was pinned there for a couple hours.

Latest posts

Back