Water stilll flowing after electronic dripping system turned off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imkvl

Reaction score
Hi,

Starting this morning after I shut off the automatic dripping system, I can hear water still flowing through at least 1 of the hose/pipe (horizontal); the middle one for sure. I also found out a little bit of continuous dripping at the drip heads. I have to turn off water shutoff valve to stop water flowing. See the attached pictures.

I do not know what the problem and how to fix this. Is the solenoid (24v 60hz .4 amp in rush .2 amp holding) or the grey thing (I don't know what it is called - valve?, please tell me) it attaches to bad? Is it easy for a layman to fix it and how much money for the parts typically. Any instructions to replace these parts. Or is the problem elsewhere? How much typically for plumber to fix it? Thanks in advance.

IMG_20150803_142903.jpg

IMG_20150803_142626.jpg

The first think to do is to install a dedicated shut off valve. Secondly, them damn electric irrigation valves! I hate them. They always leak. You probably have a stuck diaphragm in the valve that continues to run. They do offer rebuild kits, but as cheap as they are, I just cut 'em off and replace them when needed.

I think there is already a shut off valve installed hes just doesnt know how to use it...

Thanks to your suspicion about stuck diaphragm, I unscrewed and open the cover of the valve.
I could not find anything wrong with the parts inside and just wash and dry it and put it back.
It seems to solve my problem for now.

Latest posts

Back