What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I'm certain that collection method would fall under "tortious means".

My late elderly friend once had to threaten to beat a guy up to get the guy to pay him for shrimp that the jerk had pretty much stolen from his shop. Rather than call the cops, the old man said the guy was going to have to pay him back in equal goods or cash or he'd take it out of his hide. He was probably the only person to get that creep to pay him. Creep was the dude that used to go around picking crops from people's yards and claiming he was going to pay them and then take off without paying a cent. He once took off with a farmer's whole crop of watermelons.

Those are beautiful deer.

speaking of shrimp.

went deep sea fishing, we saw a shrimper. we came along side and asked if we could buy some prawns.

they did not speak english. but with sign language, we traded a 12 of bud for a cooler full of prawns, they were as long as your hand.

fresh, caught 3 hours ago.

I caught a 5 ' stringer of red fish,

beautiful picture of the camping trip.

nice colors

Chris, that is a fantastic picture!

Frodo, sounds like a cool exchange (no pun intended). It made me think about ancient mariners and traders for some reason. The communication barrier must have been interesting, but obviously they figured out how to work out exchanges.

I cleaned up more dog crap today, filled a bucket of water outside (for the dogs) and was pleased with the water pressure on the faucet I installed at the back. Not so pleased with the cold water pressure in the kitchen sink though. It seems to be lower for some odd reason. the hot water doesn't seem to be acting up as much though. I had to stop and feed the cows because my horned one was following me around fussing at me. I walked over to look at the faucet I needed to fix and got hit with the heat and decided I'll wait until its not so damn hot out. (I'm a temperature wuss).

Next time my friend is out, I need to see if he can help us figure out why the porch light and lights in the front room aren't getting any power. I need to do more cleaning in that front room but its too hard to see.

Speaking of porch lights, i installed it along with the two carriage lights on each side of the garage. I just came home after dark and they really look great. being LED lights, they should be cheap enough to leave all of them on all night, and the light sensor shuts them off during the day.

Excellent! My defunct porch light is covered in cobwebs. I really need to get it working and get the cover back on.

I finally uploaded the video of my hot water acting up. Youtube is a nightmare on mobile phones and the instructions it had on uploading did not line up with what actually appears on screen. I kept getting told to make a new channel and I thought the channel was like a folder or album so I called it "my cats" since I initially was uploading videos of my kitties. I wonder if I can change the name of the channel...

:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just got back.
Went to South Carolina to see my wife's daughter. Wasn't a pretty site.
We ended up renting a truck , trailer. and a car. hauled her and her dog to Kansas City ,MO. Thought we where going to leave her with her father but dicided to bring her home. left most of her stuff and a car with bald tires there with family. Rented a Dodge Town & Country Minivan and drove home.

Blew a tire on the car trailer 10 miles from my sisters place in Missouri.
Took Budget 4 hours to get us back on the road

Mr_David, that sounds like a stressful trip. I'm glad you made it back safely, even though it was delayed.

LOL.
I heard about the results for the Ronda Rousey fight and saw the footage. Took 3 minutes for the introductions and 34 seconds for the fight (which is about the duration of two of Ronda's previous fights combined).

Meanwhile, I saw a commercial on tv for goodrx and tried it and actually got a very good discount on my medicine. So I can now get it for less than $10 per month.

Cleared some trash out of the kitchen because my brother won't do it even though its supposed to be his responsibility. The plastic handles on the trash bag in the trash can ripped so my brother just left it and trash has been falling on the floor. I'm about to go but another bag over the top and empty some of it out and then haul it out. I'm also going to have to bag up the trash that fell on the floor. Fun times.

I admit that I'm very tempted to go put the full trash bags on my brother's bed as a hint.

LOL.

I admit that I'm very tempted to go put the full trash bags on my brother's bed as a hint.

That will just make him mad. He will start dipping your toothbrush in the toilet.

Try putting sanctions on things you do for him. If he does not comply with the rules, take privileges away or what ever is you may do for him that he takes for granted, like giving him a ride somewhere.

:cool: Seems like your in charge around there. Use it to your advantage.

I think I am around here,
but my wife knows how to push my buttons. :rolleyes:

That will just make him mad. He will start dipping your toothbrush in the toilet.

Try putting sanctions on things you do for him. If he does not comply with the rules, take privileges away or what ever is you may do for him that he takes for granted, like giving him a ride somewhere.

:cool: Seems like your in charge around there. Use it to your advantage.

I think I am around here,
but my wife knows how to push my buttons. :rolleyes:

Your 100% correct, the best thing to do is to find another route. Try speaking to him about it unless it is a repetitive thing. If its not he may have just forgot, if it is, start with some sort of low ball punishment. Threats are not highly regarded when dealing with sibling so actions speak much louder.

Blew a tire on the car trailer 10 miles from my sisters place in Missouri.
Took Budget 4 hours to get us back on the road.

Rented a Dodge Town & Country Minivan and drove home.

That mini van was a nice ride. Shadylady had a nice ride.
Back seats all fold down nice into the floor. Left one up.
Plenty of room to haul more crap.
Didn't leave any room for fireworks.
They sell a lot of those back there
Illegal around here because of the high fire hazard.

Northern New Mexico , Beautiful place. That and Sedona, AZ.
Bucket list someday to take my Jeep on a slow ride through there.

Road Trip 050 (640x480).jpg

Road Trip 073 (640x480).jpg

Road Trip 075 (640x480).jpg

Road Trip 113.jpg

Road Trip 148 (640x480).jpg

Back