Free website for our Community Association?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of somehow/somewhere that our local community association could set up a free website? It has to be free, because we are already having troubles keeping the power on and the insurance bill paid.

I am thinking of an event calendar, and maybe a small amount of text.

Any ideas?

I used yahoo a few years ago... i'm sure there are a few places, but being free they will be riddled with ads.

The guys I use for my company are not free but very close. It is 9.95 a month and you get a good but basic website and I believe up to ten email addresses. I would show you mine but I am lazy and have not finished setting it up. If you are interested let me know I have used them for about 5 years now.

Did you need someone to design it as well?

Right now I am trying to come up with some free options to pitch it to the rest of the association at our next meeting. I can't do anything without bringing it up for a debate and vote. Considering that we finally managed to convince a few really stubborn people to agree to get rid of the $24 a month landline a month ago, because we just couldn't afford to keep it anymore, even $5 or $10 a month would be a hard sell.

And would the design work be free? Insert appropriate smilie here, as I am too lazy to go look one up.

The one I have is pretty basic and already has a template and you add your own content and is very easy to use but it is still 10 bucks a month.

Contacted, I think I know a site that would be a good fit.

Not yet, and I am not going to tell you where the site ends up, so that it remains nudity free.

Not that I am anti-nudity or anything, but I am the only member of the Association that that isn't an active member of the local rural Baptist church.

Off to check out Austin's idea.

Back